Keezer Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutch101st

Reaction score
I am going to mounting a 2 tap tower on a freezer; is there any issue with this? In terms of some sort of support underneath the sheet metal of the lid?

Most of what I've read here at HBT recommends using a piece of wood underneath to screw the tower into. A 3/4" piece of plywood or pine should work nicely.

+1 Just like a mini fridge- you don't want a wobbly tower! Bigger the piece of wood, the more stable your tower will be.

yeah, i just installed one, tried it w/o the wood, it was way too wobbly, so i got a 1x10 mounted it, now it's nice and sturdy... it was kinda a pita to cut away the insulation but whatever...

what kind of freezer are you using? My keezer is an MC 7.2, I have 2 towers both two faucet mounted on the lid, the only thing i did was add a small 10"x10" piece of lexan over the hard plastic insulation on the inside of the lid, used long bolts with washers and nuts, then trimmed the excess bolt flush with the nut, towers dont budge at all...... plenty of clearance inside still.....

Hehehee...wish I would have seen how you did yours before I did mine..oh well. Are you going to get enough cold air into the tower with your design?

Hehehee...wish I would have seen how you did yours before I did mine..oh well. Are you going to get enough cold air into the tower with your design?

I just finished mine this evening and don't have anything in it yet (70 schilling Scotch Ale is in secondary) but I figure there is plenty of room inside the little shelf if I need to add a fan. The tower is fairly cold to the touch though so I'm not expecting any issue... I could definitely be wrong though, this is my first keezer build.

Back