Help Naming my Brew Co.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-MG-

Reaction score
So as quite a few people here, they have used nicknames for their brewery.

My friends have taken my last name and changed it over time:

Golobic - Globes - Globetrotter - Trotter - Trotsky

They named my house the Trotsky Ale House.

I was thinking of using something with the last two like these:

Trotter's Brewing Co.
Trotter & Co. Brewing

My friends always like to say, "Try the Trotter Stout"

What ideas do others have?

Is Golobic Slovenian? From what I can tell, pivovarna is the Slovenian word for brewery. How about Pivovarna Golobic? Yeah, you'd have to explain it to everybody, but it's got a kind of roots thing going for it. Golobic's Brewpub maybe?

Trotsky's Ale House is nice, and since your friends already use it, it's got some history going for it. Ask any marketer, brand recognition is priceless. I prefer it to Trotter's Brewing, which sounds a little stiff by comparison. If I was using Trotter, I'd go for something like Globetrotter's Tavern or maybe Trotter's Roadside Lounge.

Golobic is Slovenian. That's not a bad idea about the name. I know my dad would love it. The downside is having to explain it to everyone like you said

The Trotsky Ale House is basically what we call my house (go figure). What would you suggest putting on the bottle:

Trotsky Ale's
Trotsky Brewing Co.
Trotsky & Co.

What do you guys think?

You could use both...have Trotsky Ale House and a subtitle of Pivovarna Golobic (or Golobic Pivovarna...whichever is gramatically correct), like an E. Pluibus Unum kind of thing. If making a logo, have the Slovic going around the outside.

If you go with Trotter, that lends itself to a fun logo character...some cartoonish beer holding animal running (trotting).

The reason people might like Trotsky Ale House is because it has good cadence that rolls off the tongue...almost a "musicality"; the others as harlond said are just a little more "stiff".

Just some ideas. Good luck!

I think you guys are right in sticking with Trotsky. I came up with just some fonts this neat logo:

trotsky.jpg

I think you guys are right in sticking with Trotsky. I came up with just some fonts this neat logo:

trotsky.jpg
I like the font. I'd like to see Pivovarna Golobic in that font. If you could color white, blue, red from top to bottom, you'd have the slovenian flag colors, might be nice. But even with just Trotsky, I like the font.

Having both Trotsky and Pivovarna Golobic on the same label raises political questions I can't answer. And people will assume you have something Russian going on. Maybe not something a Slovenian would want.

Given the nickname of "Globes", you might go with pivovarna golobic in that font, maybe wrap it around a globe?

Back