Integrated Kitchen Brewery/Keezer build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trent

Reaction score
image-3243746619.jpg

So the wife and I just bought a house (moving in tomorrow!) that just happened to have two kitchens, one large kitchen, and a small caterers kitchen, with a small door way opening -- seen to the left in the above pictures. It just so happens that it has a nice vent (and natural gas if ever needed) for the boil kettle. The sink hookups are perfect and it has an RO system below the sink.

image-2383617298.jpg

Above you can see my old 220V boil kettle, I had a 2 tier all electric HERMS setup. You can see the nook for the brewery in the center of the picture above.

image-3645424893.jpg

image-3008143335.jpg

image-3902677663.jpg

Above is pictures of the brewery space from L to R. The keezer will tuck in nicely at the far L and the brewery/sink will be in front on the counter.

image-3177289646.jpg

This is the view looking out to the main kitchen, patio and living room off to the R.

image-3186140118.jpg

This is the view from the patio, where the big beer parties will be. :)

The new brewery will be a single tier 220V HERMS setup. Boxes of goodies are already on the way...

Money is certainly an object or I would have just purchased Blingman kettles. This will be a pretty budget build -- but has to look good to fit into the house.

Progress!
image-1017937639.jpg

Cabinet out!

image-1113485665.jpg

Keezer in! Keezer will be turned into a coffin style with a granite counter top to match rest of kitchen.

image-3005041349.jpg
I'm waiting for a friend to come over and help me take out this big heavy piece of granite/sink.

Next will be the brew stand!

Nice kitchen and looks like your brew space is gonna be great!

WOW!!!! Can't wait to see how this turns out. I am jealous of the kitchen, the house, the location, the brew setup... the view... everything. Always wanted to live in SD...

Thanks for all the great comments -- it's really a dream of mine to be able to build this brewery. I work 6 days a week and have other projects so I don't have a lot of time. The last few boxes are arriving soon, so I'll have some updates hopefully this weekend.

This house is in east county SD (but not too far out in the sticks).

I love the fact that you didn't post this as just an idea, but you started tearing **** out of your new house to go through with it! Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Bobby_M said:
Oh, I see some brewhardware gear in there.

Of course Bobby, you are a great vendor -- I will be in touch soon for a second round of ordering...

tjwor said:
I love the fact that you didn't post this as just an idea, but you started tearing **** out of your new house to go through with it! Looking forward to seeing the progress!

Well, when we first looked at the house it was wasted space -- we don't need two kitchens/dishwashers/stoves. The logical progression was an all stainless brewery.

Cheers
T

image-657281095.jpg

Bench almost done! Just have to cut the bottom pieces.

image-365311586.jpg

This is a beautiful false bottom...this is the 20gallon version I was gonna modify to fit my pots. I really wanted the blingmann false bottom cause I heard it works great, and was stressing about the work needed to cut the outsides so it would fit...

image-1877969351.jpg
But it drops in perfect!!! Can't believe it!!! Saved me a bunch of hassle!

Question:Why dont you put pulls through the wall that is next to the keezer? Also it would be awesome if you had one of thoes faucets that commercial kitchens use for cooking, you know the ones that move around and extend to fill pots and stuff for soups or whatever but you would use it for the boil instead.

texwake said:
Question:Why dont you put pulls through the wall that is next to the keezer? Also it would be awesome if you had one of thoes faucets that commercial kitchens use for cooking, you know the ones that move around and extend to fill pots and stuff for soups or whatever but you would use it for the boil instead.

I'm not sure what you mean by "pulls through the wall" EDIT....never mind, I see what you are saying, tap handles on the outside of the brew room. Lets just say, I have a lot more stuff planned for the brew room, and it will make you want to go inside the room to pull a beer.....pics when it happens.

I was thinking about that type of sink faucet but I don't know if it will fit in my space available.

T

Teaser for the beer bottle chandler I am also working on..

image-389956665.jpg

Sunday is my day off, should be a lot of progress. I want to get the bench close to finished.

brew-n-que said:
Where did you get the pots?

The pots are the ones stereo345 sells on eBay. They are cheap. They will be great with weldless fittings.

T

image-162157702.jpg

Just ran out of stain....I'll need a little more.

image-380402032.jpg

Test fit with stain.... I am stoked on this.

Nice!

I just found this thread, looking forward to your build.

I'm pretty jealous... your new house came with essentially a built in brewery and tasting room except for the actual gear!

I am in lust for your new place.

Back