New Canadian LHBS: Anyone heard of these guys?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the background color...there seems to be alot of background brown color..I might buy off them. ;)

Cheers
BeerCanuck

I just get the same blank page with scrollbars in firefox but it comes up in IE. I don't think I could order from a such a terrible site myself. Their prices on kegs are pretty bad, $75 for a ball lock keg?!

Yes, I get the same thing. Works under IE but not FireFox.

FireFox users should try their storefront (which is different from their home page -- but I don't understand why). Here it is:
Homebrew Supplies

And yes, some prices are high, some seem very reasonable. But that sounds like pretty much any online Canadian LHBS I have ever encountered! :)

Their prices on kegs are pretty bad, $75 for a ball lock keg?!

Yeah, even worse than their spelling. Not very professional at all. I suspect it's someone selling from their house. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've often toyed with the idea myself, but if you can't draw up a web site that actually works and isn't full of spelling and diction errors, it's often a sign that the whole operation is a little sloppy.

Had to laugh at the "Are mission ......."

The idea is great.....but 2.99 a pound for crystal? Ouch.

Yeah, even worse than their spelling. Not very professional at all. I suspect it's someone selling from their house. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I've often toyed with the idea myself, but if you can't draw up a web site that actually works and isn't full of spelling and diction errors, it's often a sign that the whole operation is a little sloppy.
I agree. Whatever ecommerce package they chose is pretty bad too in terms of interface structure. When something like osCommerce is available it makes creating a professional looking site easy enough that there really is no excuse.

Back