Official 2010 "Pay it Forward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to have to answer a question for this one.

First person to PM me the correct name of a crying and uneducated blowhard TV personality and the name of their favorite band or musician gets it. There is no correct answer for the music. I'm just curious.

Oh, and I'll send you one of these:

immersion-chiller.jpg

Lower 48 only.

Gone to I_B_Mongo

PM sent but I already have one as well. Just curious if I'm even close to the answer.

Trace

Guess it's my turn now. First person to reply in this thread will get a used party pig. (http://www.partypig.com/) I don't have any pouches, but these are easy to find online.
It's a great way for somebody to have beer on tap without having a dedicated beer fridge.

Gone to Coff

Technically, everyone was correct. Best answer has to go to Coff.

That was the first thing that came up when I googled blowhard TV personality, seems fitting imo.

Even Google gets it!

OK it's the Holidays I'll play

I have a pound of 7.2 whole Cascade sealed in the bag (leftover from my "cascade phase") --- Gone to Gregscsu

PM me if you will use them

I've got two separate 1oz pouches of 4.6% AA Hallertau pellet hops that were ordered as extras 4-6 months ago. They've been refrigerated the entire time. These hops can either both go to the same person or go to two separate people. First one to post here requesting gets them. PM me after you post claiming them.

I've got two separate packs of Montrachet wine yeast, the "official" Apfelwein yeast. I would like these to go to two separate people that have not yet tried a batch of Apfelwein, this would knock out the only specialty ingredient for you to try it; just add apple juice and sugar (i use brown sugar). These go to the first two people that haven't tried Apfelwein yet to post claiming them and then PM me.

There may be more hops or a few other misc items I'll add at a later date.

I'll take one of the yeast packs.....need to try making some apfelwein!

Myrdhyn, I'd like one package of the wine yeast. I haven't tried apfelwein yet and would love to give it a shot.

Btw, I tried to pm you but it said your box is full.

RedHouse and G-Love get the yeast packs. I've cleaned my inbox, PM me the address you want it sent to, and I'll drop it in the mail when I stop at the post office Friday afternoon.

ANything you're looking for specifically? I have 8 tupperwear bins full of grain and want to parse it down to 4

B
nothing in particular, just switching from extract to all grain, will take whatever i can get.. itching to brew a mad elf clone. some more O's Graff, and gonna try Gunslingers Graff, open to anything really..

http://www.breworganic.com/kentgoldingswholehops20072oz.aspx

Whole_hops1.jpg

An unopened 2 ounce foil package of organic Kent Goldings whole hops. Grown in Belgium and sold by Seven Bridges Cooperative. As the first post in this thread says, first person to respond in the thread gets them.

I use hops from Seven Bridges exclusively and am very pleased with the quality. I would eventually use them, but its an extra packet that they threw in my last order and I've got enough Goldings and Fuggles to do the english ales I've got planned for the next few months, so thought I would share the bounty.

Happy Holidays!

I'm hoping this thread picks up this week or next. I can't believe this thread isn't 40-50 pages deep yet.

OK OK - I'm new so, I don't have any loot to give away.

ml4cpl.jpg

However, in the spirit of giving - I'll (attempt to) make someone a label for their next brew.

3133vj4.jpg

are you a skilled designer?

I'm new at this kind of stuff but have known my way around photoshop for a few years. I do some occasional "marketing" pieces at work so:

skilled designer = no
get paid to shoop things = yes

I'm new at this kind of stuff but have known my way around photoshop for a few years. I do some occasional "marketing" pieces at work so:

skilled designer = no
get paid to shoop things = yes

Good gift, wish I had some Idea of how to use it. I have no imagination or what to ask for. Someone will come up with something though.:mug:

I just started in this hobby so I am wishing for anything... Grain, hops, kegs(lol)... anything.

OK, have several older homebrew books:
"Making Beer" William Mares (probably the least useful of the bunch I'm listing)
"Home Brewers Companion" Papa Charlie
"Homebrew Favorites" Lutzen and Stevens, 1994 - 2 copies - a recipe book
"Complete Handbook of Home Brewing" Dave Miller 1988 -decent method book, but old
"Brewing the World's Great Beers" Dave Miller 1992 -

PM me with which titles you are interested in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back