Randy Mosher's Gingerbread ale recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColonelForbin

Reaction score
in moshers radical brewing book he talks about making a beer that taste like gingerbread using a lightly hopped brown ale as a base and adding 4gs of cinnamon, 2gs of ground ginger, 1g of allspice, and 1 gram of clove(in another section of the book he mentions that he uses nugmeg also but it isn't listed as an ingredient.) he says to just add these at the end of the boil and you should have liquid bread.

has anyone tried this yet? also should i use the nutmeg while making this and if so how much.

in moshers radical brewing book he talks about making a beer that taste like gingerbread using a lightly hopped brown ale as a base and adding 4gs of cinnamon, 2gs of ground ginger, 1g of allspice, and 1 gram of clove(in another section of the book he mentions that he uses nugmeg also but it isn't listed as an ingredient.) he says to just add these at the end of the boil and you should have liquid bread.

has anyone tried this yet? also should i use the nutmeg while making this and if so how much.

Can't really answer your question but I've been thinking of trying to make a Gingerbread Porter. I would probably do a Brown Porter and then some of the spicing you are talking about.

I tried this one last year and it was a big hit! So i'm making a 10 gallon batch tonight. I didn't use nutmeg nor clove and it turned out pretty damn tasty.

I used the spices he mentions in my pumpkin ale, just brewed 10 gallons on Sat. It smells freaking amazing, literally just like pumpkin pie.

Can I get your recipe? I'm already excited about making a Gingerbread Ale - and your enthusiasm has made it impossible to wait any longer! Thanks!!

Latest posts

Back