Show me your Carboy Storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithat

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been moved by SWMBO to the computer room for my brewing equipment storage because we apparently need the spare bedroom for guests (who'da figured :fro:)

I've got less space to house my gear now and was thinking of building a cabinet to house everything in including a drawer for tools, places for my carboys (3 - 6gl and 1 - 3gl), bottling bucket, brew pot, etc.

I've got the dimensions roughly figured out and have a design that would have my fermenting carboys on top of the cabinet at the perfect height to siphon down into my bottling bucket or secondary but i'm wondering if anyone else has done this. If so, do you have any recomended things to consider when building a storage cabinet for your brew gear.

Thanks
Andrew

I think OP is talking about storage of empty carboys? This won't help much, but I now have a 3 car garage and all my stuff sits along the sides of one car port.

I've seen pics on the forum where some people have hidden theirs under or inside end tables. Crawl spaces under stairways work too.

Soperbrew is mostly right. The cabinet itself would be for storing empty carboys, buckets, etc, but i think it would be nice to keep the ale's lagering on top of the cabinet. I'm not setup for lager's nor kegging yet as we don't really have the room for all the equipment and a chest freezer with corneys on top of that. When we build in a few years there will most definetly be a keezer.

Back