Hop Growing Inspiration

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schlenkerla

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Nuggets goin' Gonzo....

beer_photos_0061.jpg

Sprouts from Original Nugget Rhisome...
beer_photos_004.jpg

Offshoot from original Nugget rhisome ~ 1/2" Diameter roughly 3' from the main rhisome...

beer_photos_0091.jpg

Cascades Just Goin' at it ....

2008_hops.jpg

i gotta get some of those...

:)

got magnum, nugget and ekg from fresh hops. it's just getting warm here in ne ohio, so i can plant when they arrive.

I have some Nugget that has 4 shoots at least 6' and I keep cutting off shoots. This is 2nd year and I am quite suprised.2nd yead Centennial is about 2' but lots of shoots.
Jack
Jack

I'm debating on whether to cut them back or try to string more sets of guildline. They are spreading like wild fire. That one 3' offshoot is hugh.

I think my hop book will say to trim them back. I need to read....:fro:

Arneba28 said:
Is that all second year growth or, it cant be first year? can it?

Its 2 & 3rd. :D

I've had them for three years. I dug them up and transplanted them last spring.

When I did it I removed a basket ball sized mound of root & dirt. So 2 years in this location!

:fro:

lucky man. still waiting for my magnum, Centennial and Willamette to break ground but I only planted about 2 weeks ago and its stayed in the mid 40's most of the week.

Quick Question, why is it that some hop bines appear to be purple? Mine are completely green. Is it different variety? Temperature? Growing conditions?

Back