Cascade Pale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbon111

Reaction score
Tomorrow evening's brew:

6 gallon batch

Fermentables:
5 lbs Amber DME
1 lb Light DME
1 lb Crystal 60L Steeped 30min (148F - 156F)

Pellet hops:
1/2 oz Columbus (15.4 AA) 60 min
1 oz Cascade (5.5 AA) 60 min
1 oz Cascade (5.5 AA) 20 min
1 oz Cascade (5.5 AA) 5 min
1 oz Cascade (5.5 AA) Dry hop 7 days

Whirlfloc Tab 15 min

Nottingham Dry Ale Yeast

Targets: OG 1.051, FG 1.012, 37 IBUs, 5.2% ABV

My last few brews had quite a variety of hops, specialty grains and fermentables so I've decided to "go minimal" - Just enough jazz to avoid being a "one note song" I think. Plus I love Cascade as my formative "beer years" were all spent down in Seattle, where quite a few brews overdid the Cascade thing. :D

That's going to be more of an amber ale than a pale ale -- but likely tasty nonetheless. Personally I'd cut the C 60 in half and up the DME. Hop schedule looks good, though I'd move the 45 minute down or up. Pick one. I do either 60 or 20 and under. Let us know how it turned out.

That's going to be more of an amber ale than a pale ale -- but likely tasty nonetheless. Personally I'd cut the C 60 in half and up the DME. Hop schedule looks good, though I'd move the 45 minute down or up. Pick one. I do either 60 or 20 and under. Let us know how it turned out.

Actually, something came up last night (had to drive to pick up a case of clone brews some friends had made!) and I couldn't brew so I was able to implement some of your suggestions. I'll be brewing this evening if all goes well. :mug:

I've edited the original post.

Back