Best Drunk Food?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpiochnb4

Reaction score
After a long night of drinking more than I should I normally get the munchies for some reason. I used to go for the Totinos Pizza due to their amazing cheapness, they raised the price from .99 to 1.25 to which ended that period of my life. Now I generally head to McDonald's for some dollar menu action but if I am really feeling alive that night I will prey on a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

Breakfast food.

Over easy eggs oozing into a bed of crispy hashbrowns. Buttermilk biscuits smothered in sausage gravy.

Makes me wanna get druk and stumble down to the nearest pancake house just thinking about it.

perfectly cooked fried eggs with melted cheese (I like cheddar) over the top and bacon on the side.

When I'm drunk, I like to eat things that are explosively flavorful. Vindaloos and curries are always good, also Mexican food with a ton of hot sauce.

My favorite drunk meal to cook up at home is an egg in a basket topped with bacon/sausage/whatever meat I find in the fridge, home fry potatoes with onions and chilis, smothered in cheese. The result is caloric monster of wonderful flavors and textures.

Nothing beats a big carnitas burrito from the taco truck! Preferably with onions, jalapenos, extra chesse and sour cream. The next morning is going to hurt, but if you're really drunk it's going to hurt anyways! :rockin:

A triple Suicide Sub from the Big Red Barn's Hot Truck. Italian bread, split & brushed with garlic butter. Spiced tomato sauce, meatballs, pepperoni, Italian peppers, mozzarella, oregano and crushed red peppers. Toast until the cheese browns. Wake up with crunchy bits in your bed.

Corned beef hash, fried eggs on top, and topped with jalepenos or hot sauce.
I'm not sure why but I always punish myself with hot/spicy foods the next day.

Now you gotta think about this. If you're done drinkin it is ok to eat all that stuff, but if you're just hungry, you don't want to take up all that space with food. There won't be any room for more beer!!!

It is all about strategy.

drinksmiley.gif

7-11 Hotdogs
Bacon Wrapped hotdogs
McDonalds
Carne Asada Burrito
Carne Asada fries
Chili chees fries

Anything that'll make my heart stop a beat

After a long night of drinking more than I should I normally get the munchies for some reason. I used to go for the Totinos Pizza due to their amazing cheapness, they raised the price from .99 to 1.25 to which ended that period of my life. Now I generally head to McDonald's for some dollar menu action but if I am really feeling alive that night I will prey on a Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

Wait... you stopped because the price went up 26 cents? Dude... you shouldn't be eating at all if you can't afford 26 cents. I bet you could find 26 just watching the sidewalk as you walked into the place.

My vote is for a good old DC slice.

Either a big plate of breakfast food(3eggs over easy, homefries, toast, bacon), Greek food(my weakness) or

Jims Steak Out. If your from Buffalo you know what I mean. Expensive as hell. But the Music is as loud as any club, Good music too, and the greasyest steak subs you could ever dream of!! If the draft beer doesnt kill you the next day, Jims will.

im ashamed to say it but Dennys....if im really gonna splurge and drive i go with Ihop......deffinitly some pancakes or toast

Breakfast food.

Over easy eggs oozing into a bed of crispy hashbrowns. Buttermilk biscuits smothered in sausage gravy.

Makes me wanna get druk and stumble down to the nearest pancake house just thinking about it.

+1, a friend and I used to stop by Waffle House on the way home. That was some good eats! Somehow, most of the time we were not the only drunks in the restaurant.:cross:

My vote is for a good old DC slice.

Gotta be an Adams Morgan slice! :mug:

I always seem to jones for breakfast after a night out at the pub. Eggs over easy, hashbrowns, bacon, rye toast. God, I wish I still lived around a Waffle House!

Depends where I am, though. If I'm in Philly, it's a cheesesteak from Pat's. 9th and Passyunk, right in the heart of South Philly.

Jims Steak Out. If your from Buffalo you know what I mean. Expensive as hell. But the Music is as loud as any club, Good music too, and the greasyest steak subs you could ever dream of!! If the draft beer doesnt kill you the next day, Jims will.

OMG!!! I love the Jim's Steak Out reference!!!! "I See Drunk People!" You forgot to mention the hour wait at 4 in the morning too!!! But soooooo worth it!!!! God I miss the Buffalo Chicken Finger Sub!!! Very Nice!!!!

Either a big plate of breakfast food(3eggs over easy, homefries, toast, bacon), Greek food(my weakness) or

Yeah, Jim's is definitely expensive. I prefer Louie's for a few slime dogs, curly q fries, and a chocolate shake. Greatest thing at 4:30am. Garbage plates are always good too, but you can't beat the ones from Nick Tahoe's.

This thread is making me hungary

I usually go for either breakfast food, mexican, or pizza.

Hmmmmm. Best drunk food.

Beer? It is liquid bread and a food you can drink.

Ohhhhh. You mean best food while drunk.

Beef Rendang (extra spicey), Nasi Lemak, and Gulab Jamun.

Curry all the way. The hotter the better. Not that I like hot curry that much, it's just the English way, and being drunk brings out the stupid ******* in me. I once had a friend who passed out in his curry. He just lurched forward and rested his face in it. It was the third day of his bachelor party.He was my hero for a while after that. :)

Barbacoa tacos with some onions, cilantro, a squeeze of lime, and a healthy squirt of homemade hot sauce are hard to beat, although that corned beef hash would come VERY close.

And, there are two places just a few minutes from my office that have some pretty good doner on hand. One of them just happens to be next door to a good beer bar that happens to be next door to arguably the best beer bar in Houston. Go figure on that one. :)

TL

two words... DONER KABOB. Holy crap i wish i could get it in my area. Actually i think i've only seen it once or twice in the US.
Hell Yes.
Mr. Kebap in Aachen, Germany was my stumble-home drunk stop for almost 6 months. Nothing can replace it. An Erdinger Hefe and a Doener, what a wonderful end to a night of drinking. :mug:

REAL tacos, not the fake things you have in the US.

Nothing beats 2 barbacoa tacos, 2 chicharron en salsa verde and 2 picadillo in freshly made, never packaged, corn or flour tortillas with your choice of either green or red salsa and a fair amount of chopped onions and cilantro!!!!!

And if these "meal" is good when you're drunk, it's a 1000 times better when hungover! In fact I'll have that tomorrow morning!!!!!

Back