What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NordeastBrewer77 said:
Dunno about anyone else, but I like having a live in beer geek.

How's the Pepe Nero? I almost bought some of that when I was in Chicago, but bought some Sofie instead. I know, I know.... When in doubt, just buy both.

russrob81 said:
No just an old beat up cooler. It had only 140 water and it is 30 outside. But I'm still disappointed

Huh.. Maybe try preheating the heck out of it? If it's a cooler it should work ok. And keep it cozy with a sleeping bag or moving pad at least.

Yuuuuuuuuup!

20121222_231836.jpg

That is one badass beer. I haven't had it in a while. I need to get some.

Yes, you do. I'm taking advantage of it while I can. We used to could get Great Divide in CT, but no more. It's been about three years since I had more than a small sample (at GABF) of anything Great Divide.

How's the Pepe Nero? I almost bought some of that when I was in Chicago, but bought some Sofie instead. I know, I know.... When in doubt, just buy both.

Very good. I grabbed a few of these up and forgot I had 'em. I've been going through my cellar finding $hit for the holidays and came across them. I'll be buying more.

Got this as an early Xmas present.

HPIM1680.jpg

Super good. Super strong. :tank:

nukebrewer said:
The fruity note I didn't get at all and even got a second opinion from my brother. I do agree, more dry hops and lower mash temp would fix that baby right up. No technical flaws that I could tell, so your process is sound.

Decided to crack another one open after your comments and I think the "sweet/fruity flaw" I was perceiving is just a mix of higher FG than desired and hop flavor. Kind of strange, but I think that has to be it.

image-1489016206.jpg

NordeastBrewer77 said:
Very good. I grabbed a few of these up and forgot I had 'em. I've been going through my cellar finding $hit for the holidays and came across them. I'll be buying more.

I'll have to get my parents to bring me some when they visit. They're my personal Chicago area beer distributer. I think GI is coming to Texas though, so that will be one less brand on my list eventually.

The ommegang was my favorite of the bunch. Even or better than the St Bernardus IMO Opinion. On par with Chimay blue for my taste.

W4H5x.jpg

sLMbm.jpg

dD5nu.jpg

Honestly I don't see how you could drink anything after that WWS.. That stuffs like rum raisin syrup..

What do you do when it's 1:25 and you can't go to sleep? Put a good movie on and pop the top on another homebrew of course. Just started We Were Soldiers and poured my Smoked Chocolate Porter.

image-3939680100.jpg

What do you do when it's 1:25 and you can't go to sleep? Put a good movie on and pop the top on another homebrew of course. Just started We Were Soldiers and poured my Smoked Chocolate Porter.

View attachment 89898

It's 2:30 here, my wife's asleep on the couch, and I'm finishing the last of a bomber of saison (my last two bottles now in the fridge). I'm thinking I'll go for some Bitter next and then call it a night.

Qhrumphf said:
It's 2:30 here, my wife's asleep on the couch, and I'm finishing the last of a bomber of saison (my last two bottles now in the fridge). I'm thinking I'll go for some Bitter next and then call it a night.

I was previously a night owl, but never stay up past 10:30 any more. Every now and then I can't seem to go to sleep. I'm assuming more beer will help. Definitely can't hurt.

I guess one more for the night(or morning) can't hurt. My American Bock with German Lager Yeast.

image-1863874601.jpg

Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada. Cause it's a celebration. I stocked up on some other goodies for tomorrow :)

4 liters at hofbrauhaus and 3 or 4 stouts at Ellis island. IM HAMMERED!! Also Ellis island brews a dope rootbeer.

No beer, only night night juice tonight. Warm milk with rum and a wee bit of brown sugar. And given it took me way too long to type this out, i think its bedtime...

WesleyS said:
I'll have to get my parents to bring me some when they visit. They're my personal Chicago area beer distributer. I think GI is coming to Texas though, so that will be one less brand on my list eventually.

Yes they are. Petrol station has Sofie and a few other goose island in tap now. Plus they are having their Christmas party today.

DisturbdChemist said:
Yes they are. Petrol station has Sofie and a few other goose island in tap now. Plus they are having their Christmas party today.

Sweet! I'll have to check them out one day.

Now? NOTHING

being post surgery and on pain meds sucks because beer is no longer available.
However, I've got a tommyknocker butt head sitting in the fridge.....binding time......soon

very soon indeed <3

Nothing today and tomorrow. On duty.

But I have a pretty good lineup to drink on Christmas day to help deal with the in-laws. Going for a very hoppy Christmas. Pliny all day probably, with a few Belgian Tripels thrown in there. Cheers and Merry Christmas everyone.

SFGiantsFan925 said:
Nothing today and tomorrow. On duty.

But I have a pretty good lineup to drink on Christmas day to help deal with the in-laws. Going for a very hoppy Christmas. Pliny all day probably, with a few Belgian Tripels thrown in there. Cheers and Merry Christmas everyone.

Triples make in-laws tolerable three times as fast. :)

SFGiantsFan925 said:
That is so very true!!! I figure ill start with that and then work on my Pliny. It's like liquid smiles haha

Liquid smiles should be a beer name!

nukebrewer said:
Courtesy of WesleyS. Damn good IPA.

Two Brothers makes some great beer, but I think that one is my favorite. Glad you like it.

Back