NICE suprise!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeFlynn74

Reaction score
I brewed some beer a while back- Coopers Pale extract kit. I didnt use enough malt extract so I have a low alc% but thats no mind. On a reccomendation from Artic Brewing supply (local to Anchorage)- I added 1/2oz hops for 45min and the other half for the flame out to cooldown. Primary 10 days and secondary 3 weeks(too busy to xfer).

Well I accidentally put 3/4 cup sugar to prime in a keg. My first chance to tap it was met with explosive foam. Damn. I thought all was lost. So I stuck the keg in the garage for the summer- Its now winter and the garage is kept at 50ish.

So after asking a few on this site- I figured out I could vent the keg and reduce the foam. I quickly went out and did this.

I just poured my first beer from my first batch...... HOLY COW does it taste and smell like hot sex!

My wife was shocked at how smooth and tasteful as well as the smell! Shes hooked!

Im def gonna become insane with brewing.

lol-

Ok maybe that was the wrong metaphore

But this beer is going down easier than a fresman frat girl.

LOL...too funny. Have Fun in Afghanistan, I am about ready to split from Kuwait. I hope to go to Afghanistan next, havent been there yet. Pretty much the ONLY place that I have not been deployed yet.

Glad the beer came out good, I am looking to keg as well, when I get home I have lots of stuff to buy.

Back