Beerrific Wedding Brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
Our own Beerrific is getting wed on 08-08-08. I suggest we develop and brew a beer for the event. Then each of us can brew it and sent a sixer to the couple (a bottle for him to celebrate he actually found a woman who would marry him, 5 for her to help her get over the grief of just having made the biggest mistake of her life). :D

I would suggest we let Beerrific pick the style. We can all then submit recipes for review. Then we can have a poll/vote to select the recipes (one all-grain, one extract).

Beerrific, what do you think? It is your party after-all. Maybe you are planning on boat drinks or wine coolers.

I bet he is already stocking up on the Bartles & James! :D

I am definatly in, Congrats on getting married dude, sorry of i missed the tread on that. Beerrific should definatly pick style and recipe. Or we could all just brew up something different and not lable it and then it would be like a suprise every bottle they opened. :p

Cheers

Great idea...bearing in mind the more “doable” the recipe…the more beer he’ll receive.

In other words…I’m not much of a lagering man so if he picks a 1.080 double bock style, barleywine strength, upside down east coast lager…I’m liable to opt out.

Wow, very cool, thanks everybody.

I very much like the idea of everybody brewing a specific style. I am going to be brew a bunch of beer (probably 20 gallons) to take with me and serve at the reception/after party. Excellent time to plan a big beer swap, everyone swap beers of the same style.

I will post again later...I have a test at 4 that I should be studying for instead of thinking about beer.

:mug:

Forget about it. There will always be another test. This is about beer and weddings man. What are you going to tell your bride when the only beer at your wedding is BMC? "Sorry honey, I had to study"?

Test over...pretty exhausting 2 hours. Now, back to beer...thinking and drinking...

I have already planned a couple beers for the wedding. I think I am going to make some type of Belgian (probably a wit), some type of light lager (probably munich helles), and a Abita Amber clone (SWMBO and I met in New Orleans). I am in for the 8-8-8 RIS but probably won't take that keg to the wedding. SWMBO doesn't hoppy beers so and ales are easier...

Irish red
Porter
Stout
Scottish
English mild
????

That sounds like what I have in my primary right now. I'll try to save you a six'r for 10 months.

What about a bachelor party? We gotta have a bachelor party! I live nearby and I have lotsof beer. :D What's you favorite nudey bar beer?

If its not scottish its crap! I like your 4th choice, as long as the "????" isn't really "sour" hiding behind a bunch of question marks. ;)

landhoney said:
If its not scottish its crap! I like your 4th choice, as long as the "????" isn't really "sour" hiding behind a bunch of question marks. ;)

oohhh sour...hmmm. Well, if I brew a sour beer I am not going to be giving it away willy nilly at a wedding reception.

SWMBO's step-grandmother is Scottish (accent and all), I am sure that she would like that (Actually I don't know if she even drinks.)

Beerrific said:
oohhh sour...hmmm. Well, if I brew a sour beer I am not going to be giving it away willy nilly at a wedding reception.

SWMBO's step-grandmother is Scottish (accent and all), I am sure that she would like that (Actually I don't know if she even drinks.)

I thought you were picking what you wanted us to brew to give to YOU, not brew wedding beer?

landhoney said:
I thought you were picking what you wanted us to brew to give to YOU, not brew wedding beer?

I want to brew a batch too...can't let you guys have all the fun.

Beerrific said:
She's Scottish - of course she drinks! :rockin:
I've been trying a few Scottish Ale recipes, it's a great choice. This sounds like fun!

Whatever the final outcome, can we make a point ot PM people who have shown a desire to participate?

Seems there are enough threads flying around now that it's easy to miss the "official announcement" in normal threads.

BierMuncher said:
Whatever the final outcome, can we make a point ot PM people who have shown a desire to participate?

Seems there are enough threads flying around now that it's easy to miss the "official announcement" in normal threads.

I second that!

Cheers

Back