Christmas Beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhoinsmath

Reaction score
Looked in a few places now for the Erdinger Christmas bottles but still not around. Anybody come across them?

This country is completely lame when it comes to stuff like this. Germany and the Nordic countries (and probably a lot more) have specific Christmas beers and it really adds to the atmosphere of Christmas.

What do we get? A festively decorated cardboard box that contains the same bloody beer you get all year round! :(

Boy oh boy... Knocking the country because you can't find Erdinger around you? I'm sure the guys in Iraq and Afghanistan are happy to fight for your right to find Christmas beers here in the States!

And I have no idea where you're shopping, but there are PLENTY of Christmas beers out there. 13 Dogs of Christmas, GL Christmas Ale, Goose Island Christmas Ale, Dundee's Festive Ale, Siera Nevada Celebration Ale, and the list goes on... I know that I have a fridge FULL of different Christmas ales from all sorts of different breweries.

Oh yeah, welcome to the forums.

There are quite a few craft breweries that have winter seasonal and "holiday" varieties that are at least subtly different from the ones they offer year round.

New Belgium has 2 Below, and Sierra Nevada has something they call "Celebration Ale," which has a distinctly different flavor from their normal Pale Ale.

You are in Cali... find a BevMo near you. I just moved from there 18 months ago, and at Christmas time they ALWAYS had a huge selection of Winter/Christmas beers, both domestic and imported.

You're in Cali and can't find X-mas beers?

Take the advice above. We have nothing even approaching a Bevmo, but I can go to Albertson's or Fred-Meyer and find many.

Yeah, BevMo has quite a selection of Christmas beers. Just because you can't find one particular beer doesn't mean there aren't ANY! :drunk:

There's a huge selection of Christmas beers from just about every craft manufacturer out there. We go out and load up on singles and try them all over the month gap between Thanksgiving and Christmas, looking for brewing inspiration. If you can't find them then you are either not looking or shopping in one store with an extremely limited selection.

And yeah, knocking the entire country because you're shopping in a 7-11 is the worst form of generalization.

Seriously... I have had christmas seasonals from almost every brewery in the area... all different than what they offer the rest of the year. Not to mention all the amazing brews from other breweries in the states.

And I have yet to hit the belgian brews!

Yeah, Cali must suck... cause all the christmas beer is here in GA.

Luckily you are on a homebrew forum, so you can plan ahead and brew some beers for next christmas so you will not feel so bah humbug!

I went to a local bar the other day and with the exception of 2 taps, every single beer they had on tap was a Cali winter/Christmas beer.

If you cannot find Christmas beers where you are, you aren't looking hard enough. Or maybe, at all.

Latest posts

Back