Last minute strainer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhoyt

Reaction score
At the last second I decided I should strain my wort cause of all the left over hops(no bag) and shortly after realized, I probably should have sterilized that... It had been through the dishwasher, a while ago, and was on the pot rack with all the other pots. What are my chances? Its fermenting well and bubbling away. Am I doomed for infection?

I'm going to say no, unless someone has used it and didnt clean it since then. If its an all stainless model I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. :mug:

was your wort already chilled? Don't worry about it, whats done is done. It should be fine. Were you using pellet or leaf hops? Why did you feel like you should strain?

It was stainless yes.. I used pellet and leaf. Yeah it was chilled to around 72 degrees or so. Thats why Im worried. I wanted to stain it to try to reduce volume loss when racking to the second. Probably not that big of a deal but there was a lot of hops in the bottom...

Back