Syracuse, ny - round 7 group grain buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went ahead and filled that split of Columbus, I figure I've got the freezer space.

Also - if anyone who went for two pounds on the East Kent Goldings or Cascades did it to fill the split and really only want 1 pound, let me know. It doesn't look like the interest will be there for a second split.

-Weston

bierhaus and Jeff - that is the spirit!! Hop crazy!

If I don't end up with at least 10 lbs of hops I will be upset. I am at 9, so keep em coming! :mug:

I will check my flaked barley stash when I get home tonight :D, and if I can double up on any other hops. I might take the hallertauer hops out since they surprisingly have not sparked interest yet.

Nice! let's close this sucker. At those prices it is almost buy 5.33333oz and get 10.66666 oz free!

:D

Just used my cmpils in my Samuel Jackson summer ale brew. Finally I will be able to tell if there is any real palatable difference between the bzpils, which I really like, and the cm pils.

Please let us know, as I would get bz pils on this group buy instead of the cm pils.

Please let us know, as I would get bz pils on this group buy instead of the cm pils.

I will let you know. I think the summer ale will be about 3-4 more weeks before it is ready.

I may double up on saaz. Lots of lagers in my future I hope! Also great in altbiers

Went ahead and filled that split of Columbus, I figure I've got the freezer space.

Also - if anyone who went for two pounds on the East Kent Goldings or Cascades did it to fill the split and really only want 1 pound, let me know. It doesn't look like the interest will be there for a second split.

-Weston

Weston
One simply can't have enough EKG or Cascade. I'd suggest we go for another split. If added, I will up for another of # of each.

Added #1 Saaz to help the cause. Already have some, if we get to 11 and people are still looking I will drop mine out.

Weston
One simply can't have enough EKG or Cascade. I'd suggest we go for another split. If added, I will up for another of # of each.

Added #1 Saaz to help the cause. Already have some, if we get to 11 and people are still looking I will drop mine out.

There are additional splits for each of these already open.

westo2 and mparsons - what say you that we combine the magnum split with warrior? There are 4 people on the magnum and you two on warrior.

I might be able to do another lb on that magnum split but I need to check my stock. I think I might have a lb of the stuff on hand already. I use quite a bit of magnum though and have heard people say mag and warrior are pretty much the same.

If you want to leave it where it is that is ok, just trying to shore up the splits to focus the interests in getting a couple more closed.

We might get to the cascade and EKG closure yet!!

As a between - I have bought EKG, mittlefruh, hersbrucker and saaz through NCM before. The quality of hops was first rate. Recently they had switched to sending hop union bags for 1lb bags and I have had good luck with those hops too. I am not sure what brand will be on the hops. However I have always had very good luck with the quality.

Keep it going!

Come on twogunz, I thought I would be seeing some action from you :D

We might get to the cascade and EKG closure yet!!

As a between - I have bought EKG, mittlefruh, hersbrucker and saaz through NCM before. The quality of hops was first rate. Recently they had switched to sending hop union bags for 1lb bags and I have had good luck with those hops too. I am not sure what brand will be on the hops. However I have always had very good luck with the quality.

Keep it going!

Come on twogunz, I thought I would be seeing some action from you :D

Well the East Kent Goldings and Cascade took a quick turn.....

I also added a pound of the Mittlefruh - didn't realize that this was hallertauer until you mentioned it.

Well the East Kent Goldings and Cascade took a quick turn.....

I also added a pound of the Mittlefruh - didn't realize that this was hallertauer until you mentioned it.

Yeah hersbrucker and mittlefruh are both hallertauer varietals. Basically named on the location in which they are grown. You could substitute either variety for each other with out any major problems I believe. Mittelfruh is supposed to be the grand pooba of all the hallertaugh varieties.

Haha! nice Jeff. Just think a double batch of celebration should put the hurt on your cascades. Er at least a 1 lb bag haha.

What the hell, added another lb of Mittlefruh. :)

That's the spirit. If there is a time to try a hop this is the time :mug:

I honestly don't know if there is a noticeable flavor difference between the two types of hallertauer. Though in my head I believe there to be one and certain recipes get hersbrucker and certain recipes get mittlefruh

On a roll here. Two more sacks of CM 2Row, 1 BZ-PILS, and 2 more pounds of cascade.

On a roll here. Two more sacks of CM 2Row, 1 BZ-PILS, and 2 more pounds of cascade.

Nice! some serious activity lately. Hopefully we close all these hops up.

3 more needed on summit tettnang and perle to close them up. Come on guys!

westo2 and mparsons - what say you that we combine the magnum split with warrior? There are 4 people on the magnum and you two on warrior.

I might be able to do another lb on that magnum split but I need to check my stock. I think I might have a lb of the stuff on hand already. I use quite a bit of magnum though and have heard people say mag and warrior are pretty much the same.

If you want to leave it where it is that is ok, just trying to shore up the splits to focus the interests in getting a couple more closed.

I think I'll let it ride as is and see what happens. I'm already signed up for the magnum split, so if the warrior doesn't fill, I won't be heartbroken.

CidahMastah said:
Looks like dbennett78 bailed

we are back to 66 bags on the buy. Not sure if this will affect closing or not, guess we will have to see how it turns out. I know myself I will be looking to add another bag or two before the end of it all.

If you change things on the sheet please post. If you post interest to the buy it should be serious interest.

night gents

I was interested until I found a contact much closer that will let me order at cost that I just found out about this past weekend. Sorry for the change.

I think I'll let it ride as is and see what happens. I'm already signed up for the magnum split, so if the warrior doesn't fill, I won't be heartbroken.

no sweat ;)

Northern Brewer CLOSED!

Thanks to bellinmi88 for closing that out for us.

awesome! I almost doubled up on that one

keep 'em coming :D

i know now I am at 10lbs but `15 sounds like a good goal....

When are you ordering the grain? Id like to finally get in on it. And where is the hop order sheet? I cant find it.

When are you ordering the grain? Id like to finally get in on it. And where is the hop order sheet? I cant find it.

Looks like we are hoping to order by the end of the month with a early/mid June pickup (tentatively).

We are at 74/82 bags right now, so if you want to join in there is still room but act quickly. PM me with the information in post 2 of this thread for access to the sheet. The grain sheet includes the hop buy as well, so once you get access you can join for hops too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvGGgq4iC1v4dExZaVhjeEFrbU5jVEhKQnJqNDh5bmc#gid=0

Jeff
I added a split, GW‐OC60 (Great Western ORGANIC Crystal 60). I need to get more crystal 60, signed up for 0.5 of the split and hope someone will go for the other half. The price difference between the non organic and organic is about $5/sack, only $.10/# in the catalog.

[I also have a full sack of it, but will substitute something else if someone fills out the split.]

there is a question mark after the person who is listed under Albany, NY. I am willing to drive out to 'Cuse to make the pick up if the question mark is an indication they may not be able to make it....

Someone let me know.

there is a question mark after the person who is listed under Albany, NY. I am willing to drive out to 'Cuse to make the pick up if the question mark is an indication they may not be able to make it....

Someone let me know.

It looks to me like you and copyright are coming from a similar location so you can probably work some carpooling out. I put your name along with copyrights on the sheet, but you guys can work out the details of who is picking up what.

To All:
Also, if we think we will be able to fill another pallet by the end of the month we can keep trying for that. Otherwise if we miss enough for the 3rd pallet then we will go with 2.

So if you want to order more after the 81/82 bags has been met then please let us know.

I can't recall the number, but we can also do a partial pallet for the 3rd if we fill enough bags. So instead of having to do 126 bags, we might need to only fill 115 or something to have the shipping make sense.

It looks to me like you and copyright are coming from a similar location so you can probably work some carpooling out. I put your name along with copyrights on the sheet, but you guys can work out the details of who is picking up what.

To All:
Also, if we think we will be able to fill another pallet by the end of the month we can keep trying for that. Otherwise if we miss enough for the 3rd pallet then we will go with 2.

So if you want to order more after the 81/82 bags has been met then please let us know.

I can't recall the number, but we can also do a partial pallet for the 3rd if we fill enough bags. So instead of having to do 126 bags, we might need to only fill 115 or something to have the shipping make sense.

I'm personally good with what I have on order, and won't be adding any more myself.

To All:

I've got a few more bags that I'll be adding for some people I work with once they tell me what they want.

As far as the 2 vs. 3 pallets - I'm in no rush, so if the consensus is to go for a third pallet, fine by me. If we stop at two, that works just fine as well.

Hey Jeff, I have almost a full bag of flaked barley from the last two or so buys, so I am out on the flaked barley split - sorry!

Just added another bag of pils to offset my planned hefe, wit, belgian brewing schedule!

Hey Jeff, I have almost a full bag of flaked barley from the last two or so buys, so I am out on the flaked barley split - sorry!

Just added another bag of pils to offset my planned hefe, wit, belgian brewing schedule!

No problem. I'd add a whole bag but not sure I would go through it fast enough.

If anyone wants a 1/3 of that split, I'd be willing to do 2/3 on my side (that way its still a 2 bag split, so same amount of labor + extra bag). Let me know and I'll modify the sheet to handle that.

It looked like the splits had slowed so I added split (a bag of RYE) to the main sheet that I was hosting personally. Anyway for clarity I moved it (.5 each to Mparsons and CBK).

Just doubled up on summit (9) only 2 to go for summit. I would be willing to go back down to 1 lb if other people want to get in on the summit when it closes. This is the trademarked summit variety so it should be the good one with lots of tangerine.

Sipping on my Amarillo IPA last night reminded me how much I need to have an easy drinking IPA on tap (hopefully summit will be the star!)

I also added Styrian Golding to the list for those interested. I have been using a ton of the stuff lately in my belgian brews

copyright - saw you on a bag of flaked corn. Have you gone through you other corn split?

I made cream of three crops with some of my corn stash. Overall think it is a decent beer for what it is shooting for (a chugging beer). It cost about $12-13 on the high end to brew 11G of it.

Back