time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm late to the party... It was that or American stout.. Who wants to guess that?!? Unless I was right earlier with my Belgian dark strong ale... Then the last 4 guesses mean nothing! Funny thing is, I don't even care for stouts.

nocsimian said:
I was thinking the same....I might have to try making that now.

Which?

Actually the tequila stout sounds good if fermented with cerveza yeast. I was originally joking but now I don't know....

Which?

Actually the tequila stout sounds good if fermented with cerveza yeast. I was originally joking but now I don't know....

The Tequila stout. With the right tequila, it'd be doable. Just enough black or roasted malt to get a desired color and perhaps use a bit of lactic acid. Perhaps low alcohol strength so it becomes more of a session beer.

I make a great chilli using Cazadores Reposado as a base with ribs. I'm sure I can build a pairing for it.

mmmmm Cazadores *drool*

I've never been much of a booze drinker and I'm not a fan of shots for most liquors as I prefer sipping whiskey... but I swear when SWMBO and I get a bottle of decent 'quila (1800 Silver or better) it doesn't last long, especially when we're cooking.

"Oh hey, I finished mincing the onion. Shot?"

"The meat is browned. Shot?"

"Mmm that was a tasty shot. Shot?"

bottlebomber said:
You like to guess that one. One of these days you'll be right with that ;)

Ha!!!! Only I missed the oak chips. Which is closer? Foreign extra stout a la carte or bourbon barrel sweet stout?

I was just gloating to bottle bomber that I was right! Nocsimian better hurry up and post. Cause I've got a doozy up my sleeve for next time. ;)

Holy freakin crap lol! I say calling the underlying style of the stout trumps the bourbon barrel

For the steal!!!

image-1809429592.jpg

No to all guesses so far. One has hit in the right area. To clear things up...yes, it is a beer.
And as far as the website lets on it is only Wisconsin 2-row barley. No rice or corn to speak of.
p.s. I love the name.

Back