What'd I do with an $80 Fred Meyer Gift Card my employer gave me?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fid

Reaction score
Beer Haul.

378592_10100511671338479_14815845_53759550_1472336952_n.jpg

Total out of pocket cost: $0.58!

Happy weekend everyone!

:mug:

Started with the Belgian Abbey from North Coast. It too is a monster. I'm sure I'll "forget" about a few of the others that I have tonight.

I'm surprised they let you redeem the gift card for alcohol. A lot of places won't let you do that (or at least wouldn't in the past).
Not only did they let me redeem it, but looking at the receipt, the cashier apparently scanned a $10 off coupon of some sort for me too.

oooooo i love full sail's barleywine, soo good!
Delicious. Zero-to-Drunk in about 30 seconds.

I love that lagunitas weizen.
I love Lagunitas everything.

Also, Widmer Bros O'Ryely IPA is pretty fantastic as it turns out.

I saw that Kriek lambic in the beer cooler at Giant Eagle last week. $14-$16 dollars. I almost bought it,I'm curious about the flavor? Nice haul,man!:mug:

Good on ya bro - I wish I had $80 of my employer's $$ to spend on beer!

Cheers!

I saw that Kriek lambic in the beer cooler at Giant Eagle last week. $14-$16 dollars. I almost bought it,I'm curious about the flavor? Nice haul,man!:mug:

I haven't had the Kriek yet either. Had some of their other Lambics in the past and thoroughly enjoyed them. Think I'll crack the Kriek open tonight, I'll let you know how it goes.

Haven't had that new rotator IPA. Loved the X-114 tho

I loved the X-114 too which was why I held off from buying a 6er of this new one for awhile... didn't want to be disappointed.

But now that I picked it up, no disappointment at all. Its got a nice, wet, dank hoppy nose to it. Think I might actually prefer it over the X-114 honestly.

The Lindemans Kriek was good. Initial impression was that it was a little sweeter than I would have liked it to be but as it warmed up a bit the sourness started to shine through a bit more. There was a good balance between sweet and sour with a fairly dry finish. Overall flavor was something like... a liquid version of a cherry tart. The cherries were very pronounced in the aroma as well which made it tough to pull my nose out of the glass when I wasn't taking a sip.

Typically I prefer Krieks to be a bit more sour than this was, my favorite example being Portland based Cascade Brewing's Kriek that is almost unbearably mouth puckering. That said, Lindemans is still a good buy and its nice to treat yourself to something different from the norm every now and then.

I've done the same thing before. I'm surprised to see the North Coast there. What Fred's did you go to?

The one in Ballard. Easily double the micro selection that I've seen at other Fred Meyers in the area. Not quite as good as going to a bottle shop but its definitely the next best thing.

Back