Hoppy blonde

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prosper

Reaction score
Recipe Type
All Grain
Yeast
Yeast Starter
yep
Batch Size (Gallons)
Original Gravity
Final Gravity
Boiling Time (Minutes)
IBU
Color
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp)
20 days @ 68F
Tasting Notes
Delicious!
2000g MFB Special Aromatic Malt
2000g American Two-row Pale
500g American Wheat
500g CaraPils

50g Cascade (5.5%) @ 60
30g Cascade (5.5%) @ 20
30g Cascade (5.5%) @ 0 (steep for 20 mins @ ~90C before chilling)
60g Cascade (5.5%) dry

Mashed @ 155
1045OG 1008FG 4.9% ABV

One of my favourite brews of all time. Nice refreshing summer quencher, the sort of beer you can finish in 2 or 3 gulps. Classic cascade aroma and flavour profile, distinctly and pleasantly bitter, finishes with a slight bready malt note, sort of like Vienna. Best served at 50F.

this sounds good! i will put this on my list for this summer. with the heat rising around here i will need to use my wine cooler to keep the primary cooler. i love the idea of a low ABV, hoppy blonde for the summer months.

Haha... well this will be interesting. I decided to try this recipe tonite. But at the LHBS I asked for the Special Aromatic and looks like there was some confusion with the lady there because I'm pretty certain I got regular Aromatic. So this beer is going to end up being very dark and very malty, not what I was planning. Oh well, sometimes mistakes end up interesting.

Back