Reg not working right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jester4176

Reaction score
ok...Have my regulator setup all hooked up, but having a small problem with it. Here's a pic of it:

100_18272.jpg

Ok, I'm working with what I have here because funds are limited for new parts. So, I have a full 4 port reg, and a 3 port secondary reg. Since I'm wanting to run 4 kegs off of it, I set it up as such. Each output has a T fitting before branching off to each keg. The first reg is set at ~24 psi and runs a keg of root beer and cream soda.

The secondary reg will run 2 kegs of beer that I'll be kegging later this week. One problem though....The psi on the secondary reg keeps rising up. As you can see in the pic, the secondary is pegged at ~45psi, but the screw is backed all the way out, so it should be letting NO air through. Should that reg be rebuilt? Or is it something else that is causing this problem? I'd like to get this fixed before kegging my 2 beers.

Ok NOT being a rocket scientist but owning a dual regulator setup that I setup myself I would guess that the tank regulator has to be the terminating regulator and your independent regs would need to come before the tank reg. Mine is setup so I have two regs, then the tank reg. It looks like one of your regs might be a single only(the one on the left) reg and not able to be 'ganged' as it were. So sorry, I love the colored glass you use in them though, it's quite pretty.

Cheers!
:mug:

Does the second regulator have a left-handed thread on the inlet? If it does then I would say it is broken and needs to be repaired. Some can be, some can't. If it has a right-handed thread, it is a secondary regulator and can't handle tank pressure, so it probably broken and can't be fixed.

david_42 said:
Does the second regulator have a left-handed thread on the inlet? If it does then I would say it is broken and needs to be repaired. Some can be, some can't. If it has a right-handed thread, it is a secondary regulator and can't handle tank pressure, so it probably broken and can't be fixed.

ACK. Looks like right handed threads, as you screw the inlet clockwise into the reg. So tank pressure broke the reg? Rebuild kit won't work then I'm guessing?

And did you end up getting one or more of these David? http://www.sciplus.com/singleItem.cfm?terms=12095

Could I run one of these in place of the secondary that I have now, and eliminate the high pressure gauge in between my 2 regs?

Back