Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a simple and first design I did in gimp for my first brew. I'll edit the description once the beer is finished and I can do a true description of it.

label finished.jpg

label finished old.jpg

I do some graphic designing in my free time, so if anyone needs a little help, feel free to message me. Id be glad to help out.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I just do a basic label. I don't pass em out all that much and I drink em really fast, so I don't see the point of doing an extravagant (and costly) label when I'm just gonna re bottle and re label in a few weeks anyway. Saves more money for beer :)

Edit: and the infamous iPad upside down pic........:/

image.jpg

I'm still trying to figure out how to treat these fonts.....still doesn't feel right...I'm going to have to monkey with them for awhile until I'm satisfied.

Courtesy of grogtag. Pretty easy to design a label using their template. Got in on a $9 for 24 label sale.

Calico Jack Rummian Imperial Stout.jpg

I did one too. $9 for 24 labels is a good price but it is only for today (2/9). $20 is the normal price.

The way to go is get some adhesive spray. ($5-6) and print them at Kinkos for .59/page. You can fit six on a page. So for 9.00 you can get around 100 labels printed (or 60 with neck labels) and they look great.

The way to go is get some adhesive spray. ($5-6) and print them at Kinkos for .59/page. You can fit six on a page. So for 9.00 you can get around 100 labels printed (or 60 with neck labels) and they look great.

I experimented with adhesive spray, even some that were supposed to be temporary, and ended up pitching some bottles because it was such a PITA to get them off. Milk, glue sticks, or gelatin (my favorite), are much better alternatives if you plan on reusing the bottles.

I'm still trying to figure out how to treat these fonts.....still doesn't feel right...I'm going to have to monkey with them for awhile until I'm satisfied.

Ditch the caps on hand written script type fonts. If you want all caps, there are tons of retro slab type fonts that work great.

In fact, that font is horrible for the retro thing you got going on, which is good btw. Pick a font that matches the 50's pin up girl theme you have going on and you'll have a winner. Actually, that font is horrible for just about anything, just lose it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

For a retro caps thing, check out Bellerose or Sierre Madre.

Then do the smaller stuff is something like Coneria Script. I think that would like nice.

Dafont has all for free.

I experimented with adhesive spray, even some that were supposed to be temporary, and ended up pitching some bottles because it was such a PITA to get them off. Milk, glue sticks, or gelatin (my favorite), are much better alternatives if you plan on reusing the bottles.

Thanks, I'll have to try and get one off and see what happens before I label 60 of them..

My fridge picture is really crappy, so here's a few recent labels. I throw down the first idea that pops in my head and do them really quick. These are done in a few minutes each, no tweaking and making them perfect, I do that enough at work every day. I try to keep them light and fun, after all it's just art to decorate my kegerator.

labels.png

labels.jpg

Ditch the caps on hand written script type fonts. If you want all caps, there are tons of retro slab type fonts that work great.

In fact, that font is horrible for the retro thing you got going on, which is good btw. Pick a font that matches the 50's pin up girl theme you have going on and you'll have a winner. Actually, that font is horrible for just about anything, just lose it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Home Brew mobile app

Thanks for the input my man...much appreciated. Unfortunately this label looks really bad on the bottle. I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board and make some big design changes.

Thanks for the input my man...much appreciated. Unfortunately this label looks really bad on the bottle. I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board and make some big design changes.

Check out dafont as previously posted. Lost Type co-op is also fantastic for retro fonts. My other suggestion is to google old ads and pin up girl images. Back then, the print process was pretty archaic and the colors were not crisp, they were muted and muddy. Tone down the black to a dark gray and that bright yellow and it will look much more vintage.

I agree with above poster. Also, type on what you want in the sample form to see what it will look like I'm that font. Great tool!

I just ordered some Grogtags (I'm hoping they work as good as they sound). I do have a new logo that I hope to use on future beer labels:

204-king-crown1.png

As a new brewer I've been having some fun thinking up recipes tailored to my friends likes. It's nearly as fun coming up with names for them :) One of my friends is a big fan of rooibos tea, so I came up with a recipe for an Irish red ale flavored with rooibos. This is the label I cooked up for it:

k0vx.jpg

I did a little work on my logo and now have a few different applications. I am pretty happy. Now I just need to find a decent price on pint glasses.

I like the blue the best but all loll great.

If you want these in glasses try cafepress.com

I got mine there and as long as you wash by hand it should hold up and looks pretty good.

Label for a blonde ale I've got sitting in the primary. Still a work in progress, but I like how it's shaping up.

AK2VCWu.png

Love this label. I'm a fan of clean and simple styles on labels.

I like the over the top artistic ones as well.... but have a thing for the simple ones.

Currently fermenting an extra stout and though it deserving of something more "regal" than my usual minimalist/modern labels ...

7XM3vL.png

Back