Reliance Low Watt Density Element

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefkeith

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was having a hard time locating the popular Camco Ripp 5,500w online (most places were out of stock), so I went searching for a comparable model; one that I could purchase locally since the Camco is not usually available in retail outlets.

I came across a Reliance 5,500w Low Density Element at Farm and Fleet (a store located only in IL, WI, and IA). It seems to be pretty comparable to the Camco 02693, and it's available in stores. It's listed on the website for $28.49.

Your thoughts?

Looks like it would work to me, but then I too am in the planning and designing stages, been on here to read and learn from the experts!!! I am sure one of them will chime in soon.

Wildwest, The Great Hardware Store was closed (you have to call to order), Ron's is out of stock (you must have missed that), and I must have missed the 2 that were on Amazon (and processing takes an additional 4 to 5 days).

Anyway, I have one in hand that I was able to purchase locally, and it's a model that hasn't been discussed on the forum. So, my post was really more about giving people on the forum an option to purchase one locally, and not so much about me actually trying to find a Camco online.

Back