Help Pick My Corp Picnic Keg Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killerhertz

Reaction score
So our corporate picnic is coming up and I'm responsible for picking up the keg. Based on the size, a 1/4 keg is sufficient. Last year we had Old Dominion Ale, which was pretty good and universal.

I'm looking for something drinkable on a hot day, preferably not macro, and appealing to a large audience. Ideas?

Legacy Brewing's Euphoria Ale...

Unbelievably easy-to-drink on a hot day and just all around awesome commercial craft beer. I just grabbed a 1/2 (among other things) for a really large cookout we have every year.

Only bad thing it's about a 9.5% ABV Scottish... people will fall down quick if you don't give out some warnings.

Legacy Brewing's Euphoria Ale...

Unbelievably easy-to-drink on a hot day and just all around awesome commercial craft beer. I just grabbed a 1/2 (among other things) for a really large cookout we have every year.

Only bad thing it's about a 9.5% ABV Scottish... people will fall down quick if you don't give out some warnings.
It's a Belgian, not Scottish.

Belgian Strong Ale wouldn't be my choice for "appealing to a large audience", but I was kind of assuming the crowd would mostly be BMC-ers or non-beer drinkers.

It's a Belgian, not Scottish.

Belgian Strong Ale wouldn't be my choice for "appealing to a large audience", but I was kind of assuming the crowd would mostly be BMC-ers or non-beer drinkers.

No idea why I typed Scottish...

... and yeah, it might not be for BMC'rs but it's still a lot more "drinkable" than most folks would expect.

Ehh.. I like it anyway.

I would recommend some type of Summer Ale or a Blonde. I enjoy a Sam Adams or Harpoon Summer Ale on a hot day. Most people I know that have tried them enjoy it, even the bud light drinkers.

Edwort's Haus Pale Ale!!!

Oh wait...commercial... um; SNPA? That should be really inviting to everyone's taste. Or Sam Adams might be a decent crowd pleaser too.

No idea why I typed Scottish...

... and yeah, it might not be for BMC'rs but it's still a lot more "drinkable" than most folks would expect.

Ehh.. I like it anyway.

Oh, me too...I just pictured a bunch of pissed-off Coors Light drinkers, and the few foks who actually liked the Euphoria passed out under a tree somewhere :drunk:

The Alaskan Summer Ale - if available on that coast is nice. Really drinkable Kolsch-style ale. Had with my brothers last time I brewed. If you can get it, it should go over well - good for the enthusiast and casual drinker.

Olberon would be a good choice as pointed out before. Also maybe Sierra Nevada if that's available.

Back