Pickled eggs - reuse the brine for next batch?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhubert

Reaction score
New to making these, actually just made my first batch today. I was wondering if anyone knows if you can just keep reusing the vinegar/peppers/onions brine the eggs are in for the next batch of eggs? I used 1 gallon jars that pickles came in and one of them has the hot and spicy eggs with all the peppers, vinegar, onion and stuff, the other jar has some onion and garlic cloves and vinegar, a real basic batch. I would assume you can reuse all the peppers and vinegar for quite a few batches right?

Yes. You can and should reuse them. Now I've never pickled anything before but a guy I work with used to pickle all the time with the old pickling juices. I wish I had some of his peppers right now.

I think you should pasteurize whether you are using fresh pickling ingredients or reusing them. Although, I'm not so sure many things can live in all that acid.

Good to know. I just picked up a small jar of pickled eggs to find out if I like them. I have been wanting to make some for a while now, but have never had them before.

Back