9 gallon fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know a couple guys here use something similar, but they are brand new and I think they're also cheaper. I'll see if I can find the thread that I'm thinking of...

I'd be wary about the fact that they were used to hold medication...

I would find out what was originally in them...

From the ebay post:

"# ome Brewers love them, they are easy to clean and 9 gallon perfect for brewing and grain storage. These were used one time and cleaned 3 times and
# are like new. A local Trucker love them for His Rig, He uses it for all of his truck cleaning products."

Before you buy check out Doug at ‎[email protected]

He sells something similar but they are 15 gallon. I believe he charged me $15 + shipping.

SuperiorBrew has a link to a picture of one on the thread that C.N. Budz posted.

SuperiorBrew sez they are 14 gal.

abracadabra said:
Before you buy check out Doug at ‎[email protected]

He sells something similar but they are 15 gallon. I believe he charged me $15 + shipping.

I sent him an e-mail and the price has gone up to 37.00 each shipped.

I bid on one and I'm just going to let it sit for 24 hours with oxi-clean in it, drain and re-fill with more oxi clean every day for a week. That should pretty much remove anything that might be in it. I figure I can primary 7 gallons in it and then pretty much fill my 6 gallon better bottle to the neck for secondary.

my goal then is to keg 5 gallons and bottle 1 gallon.

Bump

Just wondering if you got it yet and what you think of it. I was thinking of ordering some. It would pretty much get rid of the need for a blowoff with a 5 gallon batch.

Back