Need Cheap Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnytaco

Reaction score
I recently did some searching on the web for better prices than I get at my LHBS for the hops I use the most. I discovered yakimavalleyhops.com! Not only were the prices cheap, but the delivery was rather quick. I don't normally pimp out companies, but these guys rock. All of the hops I got weighed over what I ordered, by a noticeable amount. They came vac-sealed, so some of the cones were a little smashed. They still have great flavor. If you are in to having a big stash of hops around, check these guys out. They have Whole-leaf, pellet and imported pellets with the smallest size available as 2 oz. I found hops that I've never heard of and I have some on the way now. Can't hurt to try new strains out once, right?

Nice find, I got a FoodSaver for Christmas and have been looking for bulk hop purchases...if I order 4 lbs the shipping is $5 so that adds $1.20 per pound which still beats my LHBS $2/oz price by a ton

Haven't ordered from them yet. I buy most of my hops from Farmhouse and I can't say enough good things.

I agree, Farmhouse is good, also love Rebel Brewer's $2.99 shipping on hops.

I might have to pick up some Caliente hops.. sounds interesting. I've been looking for a stone fruit hop.

Originally, I paid $46 for 40 oz of hops. That was a dollar fifteen an oz. Then you add the fact that my order came with 3.5 extra oz, it goes down to $1.06 an oz. Kicks my LHBS's butt, and I don't have to do anything but get my mail. I love my LHBS for everything else I need, but for the hops I used the most, this place has 'em for a great price. $9.99 a lb for Whole-Leaf Cascade. Come on. My LHBS would charge me $32 and I'd have to leave my house.

Bulk hops is the way to go. I have only bought hops at a LHBS once in the past few years and that's because they were $2 for 2oz.

I will take a look at the site.

Last several orders have been from Hops Direct with the odd small order from More Beer. Getting smooth shipping up here to Soviet Canuckistan is always a big deal.

One of the few reasons I am kind of glad I don't have a LHBS. I can shop online without feeling guilty about hurting a local dealer. I don't believe there is one within an hour and a half to maybe two hours.

My closest LHBS has an owner that I'm not too fond of, so I could care less if he makes it. He orders stuff for customers from NB, buys one for his store and adds the shipping fee to their bill. I really like the one that I go to now, even if it is fifteen minutes farther away. They are one of the oldest and most popular in Denver, and I doubt it if they mind that I try and save a few bucks on hops. I still get my grain and new yeast from them and they seem happy to see me when I show up. Also, they are good, honest people. When I was looking for a grain mill, they told me that I should just go to Norther Brewer because it would cost me less than if they got it through them for me. That goes a long way in my book.:)

Thanks for sharing this site... Definitely the cheapest hops after being shipped that I have seen. I like that they have the variety packs too. Although, under specials it is $50 for a variety pack of 1 lb of 4 hops, and it is $22 for the same variety pack with half pounds... I'm no math major but that is not very "special"...

Back