This seems to be the place for help on "brewery" names...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justincredible

Reaction score
I just brewed my first batch of beer last night so I need to come up with a brewery name, right? My wife suggested the most obvious name, "Breen Street Brewery" based on our street name, but I'm not 100% sold on it.

A little about me for some possible inspiration:

Born and raised in a small town in central Ohio called Toboso.
Currently live in Cincinnati.
I have a lot of "Ohio pride" but I am not a fan of OSU.
Have two dogs, one schnauzer and one schnauzer/poodle.
Huge baseball (Reds) and football (Jets) fan. My first beer is actually a red ale and will have a Reds themed name.
I'm a web developer by trade.

Not sure how much any of that helps. I'd really like a geographic name, but I can't decide between my hometown, current city, or just the entire state in general.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Just typing all of this out and getting feedback should be a good help for me.

Easy. Red Stocking Brewery.

Cincy Red Stockings were the first pro baseball team (although baseball developed in NY from a english game called rounders). Red Stockings won 130 games in a row. Wow. My rays are lucky to win a series.

Think about something that really encompasses you. The dogs, sports interests, towns, etc can all be the recipients of your shout outs by individual beers. That is unless one of them has special meaning for you that would make it an ideal brewery name!

My current name "Germelli Brewing" is a combination of my own and my original brewing partner's last names. It has a cool ring to it (to my friends and I) So I kept it. Hypothetically, if I ever went pro, I want to ask my incredible professor if I can use his persona for teaching and name it "Plaid Avenger Brewery". He is as influential as professors come, a wine and beer expert, and a BJCP beer tasting judge! Plaidavenger.com if you want to keep up with whats going on in the world!

Haha, that is actually one of the name ideas I have for the red ale.

Red Stocking Ale or Redlegs Ale.

Unfortunatetly it might sound a little like these wankers:

red-sox.gif

Think about something that really encompasses you. The dogs, sports interests, towns, etc can all be the recipients of your shout outs by individual beers. That is unless one of them has special meaning for you that would make it an ideal brewery name!

My current name "Germelli Brewing" is a combination of my own and my original brewing partner's last names. It has a cool ring to it (to my friends and I) So I kept it. Hypothetically, if I ever went pro, I want to ask my incredible professor if I can use his persona for teaching and name it "Plaid Avenger Brewery". He is as influential as professors come, a wine and beer expert, and a BJCP beer tasting judge! Plaidavenger.com if you want to keep up with whats going on in the world!

Thanks for this post. Gives me some more things to think about.

I like Breen Steet... I'd go for Big Red Ale for your first beer..And if it isn't used I'd go for Schott Beer Brewery

I've got a few more idea for a name.

My nickname is college was BAM. I could go with BAM Brewery and do a cool vintage Batman-style onomatopeia logo a la:
picture-5.png

My real name is Justin and I'm 6'4". One of my favorite web comics has a new recurring character called Tall Justin. One of my friends recommended Tall Justin Brewery.

My wife is only 4'11" and she mentioned coming up with a name that pointed out our drastic difference in height. I dig the idea but the only idea that comes to mind is Tall Guy/Short Girl Brewery which I don't really like.

Another idea I had, since I grew up in a single parent home and am very close to my mom, was Momma's Boy Brewery. I know my mom would get a kick out of that one. :)

Man, it's going to be tough to finally decide on a name.

I've got a few more idea for a name.

My nickname is college was BAM. I could go with BAM Brewery and do a cool vintage Batman-style onomatopeia logo a la:
picture-5.png

My real name is Justin and I'm 6'4". One of my favorite web comics has a new recurring character called Tall Justin. One of my friends recommended Tall Justin Brewery.

My wife is only 4'11" and she mentioned coming up with a name that pointed out our drastic difference in height. I dig the idea but the only idea that comes to mind is Tall Guy/Short Girl Brewery which I don't really like.

Another idea I had, since I grew up in a single parent home and am very close to my mom, was Momma's Boy Brewery. I know my mom would get a kick out of that one. :)

Man, it's going to be tough to finally decide on a name.

Hi-Low
HeBig SheLittle
Overview

The Sam Adams idea is cool. I could go with my favorite person from history and call it Thomas Jefferson, or Tom Jeff for short.

A few ideas:

6411 Brewery (a combo of your heights)
Schnauzer-Haus Brewery (you could name some/all of your beers after your dogs, or use dog related names)
Toboso Row Brewery (has a nice ring to it)

i say black hand brewery. And you should probably start working on perfecting your buckeye nut brown right about now haha. rather than an acutal black hand i would put images of the gorge on your label. or a buck or somethin.

i say black hand brewery. And you should probably start working on perfecting your buckeye nut brown right about now haha. rather than an acutal black hand i would put images of the gorge on your label. or a buck or somethin.

This is a cool idea.

I take it you've been to the gorge before?

nope. just googled your home town. i definitely want to go there now though! Licking River Brewery (licking river formed the gorge) would be pretty sweet too IMO. :p~~ <-possible logo?
:mug:

I definitely cast my vote for "Toboso" in the name. I've never heard of it, but I like the sound of it. Maybe toss in something aligned to the state, like "hetuck." I'm always intrigued by something i have to Google.

Too many "dog" beers out there - that theme is tired.

Just my $.02

I first caught on the Toboso as well, but can't think of much to help you out- Toboso Roots Brewery sounds kinda cool to me, and people'd think it's a tree in Africa or something. Kyle

Back