Bread recipe for used malt?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zstar5000

Reaction score
I thought I had read somewhere that you can use your spent mash in a bread recipe. Anyone know where I could find one?

Thanks for that. I think I googled everything but "spent grain bread," but once I did that I found a slew of recipes.

Spent grain bread is fantastic!! I freeze a few 2-cup packets of spent grains so that I can have them available for whenever I feel like baking. I can go through the 2 loaves of bread I get faster than the 5 gallons of beer I brew. ;)

Chad's recipe using spent grains on page three in this thread is a show stopper. My commentary about his page three recipe is on page seven in thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f56/bread-42669/

EDIT: Don't be afraid of making bread. If your sanitation is good enough to make beer, your bread yeast are going to be deliriously happy. Learning to knead is pretty easy. Share a pint with a pro baker and you are good to go.

Back