Should I dry hop?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limited Visibility

Reaction score
I just brewed an extract Portland Pale Ale yesterday that I got from my LHBS. In the recipe there was 1lb of specialty grains and 7lbs of LME. For the hops I used 2 oz of Glacier for bittering, and 2 oz of Cascade for aroma.

With this said, I also searched the forums and I guess I can now join the "Grommet fell in bucket" club. I just left it in there as many people said that it should still ferment. It has been about 14 hours, and I am not worried yet.

Does anyone think I should buy another zip of cascade for dry hoping? Or does anyone know of another type of hop that would go good with these two?

Thanks for any help on my situation.:mug:

+1 on the above. Cascades are the new black.

In my opinion, the answer to your question (with an APA or IPA at least) is almost always YES.

Dry hopping will give you that nice aroma / finish you're used to at the brewpub.

Ok thanks for the help! I love the cascade hops (I really love Mirror Pond) so I will probably get an o for the dry hop process.... if my bucket ever ferments

Perle is another one that does well with Cascades. I just 'speed hopped' my Bent Rod Rye with some.

david_42 said:
Perle is another one that does well with Cascades. I just 'speed hopped' my Bent Rod Rye with some.

I totally agree with that. One of my favorite beers I dry hop with an ounce of each. They compliment each other very well.

TL

Latest posts

Back