New Belgium in Ohio

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheCrackpot

Reaction score
New Belgium started NW Ohio distribution this week. So far I've only seen Fat Tire, Ranger, and Trippel in bombers. They are retailing for $3. I hope they make six packs available at some point.

I've had Accumulation on tap and found a couple Lips of Faith varieties at the beer store. I can't wait for La Folie this winter. I've still got a 2012 bottle I'd like to compare with a 2014 bottle.

I've always been disappointed that NB beers weren't available in OH even though they were in states farther east. I realize that geographic location isn't everything, but it never made sense. I guess distribution is expanding in preparation for the Asheville brewery opening up in 2015.

Yeah. I'm glad to have it as well. $3 a bomber is very reasonable too. I heard it will be February before they roll out 6ers

Sent from my A500 using Home Brew mobile app

Wait until 1554 gets distributed. It'll blow your account. It's even better on draught.

Yeah I've heard about that one. I'm looking forward to trying everything they offer. I know every beer they make isn't excellent but there are a few that they knock out of the park. I've only tried a handfull of their offerings (either while on vacation or if someone from out of state brings me something) and I don't care for Fat Tire; having 12 packs of Ranger at the grocery will come in handy and having Fat Tire in the area should break even more yellow beer drinkers into the craft scene which can only be a good thing.

Plus, there are the sour beers.......

I frequent ranger. It's one of my favorites. Typically my go to beer. I have yet to try any of their sours. I've never seen it on the shelves when I'm out. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for them.

It's funny, Ranger, Rampant, 1554, Shift, Trippel, Abbey, their special releases, generally pretty good. Fat Tire = nasty. Yet it's what they're famous for.

I happen to love fat tire. Bready and toasty. Why aren't you guys a fan? I am quite happy that we finally are getting distribution from them. I got to try the Paardebloem the other night. Interesting brew. Can't wait to try the others out of the lips of faith series. I have an old la folie as well, which I'm excited to compare to this coming years.

I happen to love fat tire. Bready and toasty. Why aren't you guys a fan? I am quite happy that we finally are getting distribution from them. I got to try the Paardebloem the other night. Interesting brew. Can't wait to try the others out of the lips of faith series. I have an old la folie as well, which I'm excited to compare to this coming years.

I guess for me, it just seems bland. I realize that this is a result of my affection for beers on the extreme end of the flavor spectrum.

I've also noticed an oxidized or aged character more than once. This could have been due to poor handling after it left the brewery but, like I said, I've noticed it more than once.

I still think it's a good beer for lite lager drinkers to ease into. Also, the bottles are neat and the labels slide right off after a hot oxy-clean soaking.

I've had mixed experiences with bottled FT. However, fat tire on tap has always been one of my favorites. I haven't had it in a while but I ordered one last night while at a restaurant and it reminded me how great of a beer it is!

Accumulation was good, fat tire I tried tonight ($3 bottle) didn't think it was all that, the ranger I did enjoy. Be interested to see what more they bring at that price.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Home Brew mobile app

Asheville, the new black.

So true, I spend 2-3 days in Asheville ever month or so, and I enjoy my time there more each visit. Quite a bit to do around the "beer city". My favorite finds thus far is Pisgah Brewing and Wicked Weed Brewing. Looking forward to fishing there in the spring for the first time.

Wicked weed is supd to be great. Client if mine just sold them a niche of coffee he roasts for a stout, I think. Visiting myself in a couple months.

Wicked weed is supd to be great. Client if mine just sold them a niche of coffee he roasts for a stout, I think. Visiting myself in a couple months.

I have met a couple of the of the owners and the bar manager (Greg)they appear to have a good formula.The staff is energetic, knowledgeable and easy on the eyes. When I visit during the week and have never waited less than 15 minutes for a seat at the bar.

Back