What should we brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nooshe

Reaction score
So I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and a friend of mine will be continuing my brewing for me. Need a list of suggestions for home to brew so I can come home to a well stocked cellar.

That's a nice friend! How long will the beer have to sit and wait for you?

@ brewerbear... I like all kinds of beers. The thrill of trying new things is great. Strong beers are a personal favorite though. @ atonk..... Lets just say the first batch will be at its peak or just past it when I get home.

In that case I agree that a stout would be pretty nice. If it were me I'd definitely want a variety (stout, amber, blonde, some type of belgian maybe).

Come back safe, and thank you for serving!

Thank you for your service and sacrifice.

Brew a big a$$ed double IPA. Maybe I got the scenario wrong but if your friend is making you a brew, 2XIPA would have some time to age a bit, not to long before you get home.

Something that would probably lend itself well to hanging around for a bit while you are over there. Maybe a DIPA or a nice STOUT. Hope you are doing good over there bro. Just got back from RC South not too long ago and was in Mosul in Iraq during the surge. 2-16 Infantry Rangers, 1st INFANTRY DIVISION. (ranger class 0309). Whether or not you are a combat MOS or not best of luck to you bro and be safe.

Back