Co2 inside/outside Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerCanuck

Reaction score
Just going throught a kegerator conversion using Bradsul wiki
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=38905

Im tending towards mounting CO2 outside for the following advantages;

More space in kegerator
Easier reading of gauges on regulator
Easier access to valves on manifold/regulator
More solid mount for Co2
Option of increasing Co2 bottle size

Just wondering if I could get the HBT DIYers chiming in?

Cheers
BeerCanuck

Makes no difference at all. Your regulator will read a higher pressure outside the kegerator but the actual volume of gas won't vary. Do whatever is easier for you.

I've done: inside, outside, inside. Now it's inside the new keezer, sitting on the compressor hump. My first kegger was a refrigerator conversion and having it inside was a pain. All of your reasons are valid. The main pluses of having it inside are not having to drill the kegger wall and it's a neater setup. Since I have two 5 lb. bottles, I don't have to worry about running out.

I know a couple people that have the bottles outside, because they have multiple keggers.

Hi HBT people

I decided to mount my C02 inside the fridge.
I was contemplating on how to mount my 2 port manifold and decided to mount it directly to my regulator

1491645444_05d4737c2e_m.jpg

I think this for me will be the simplest setup

Cheers
BeerCanuck

Putting it inside risks condensation on the gauges/regulator that will lead to corrosion. Opening it in July in a humid climate will condense lots of moisture on cold surfaces. That's why I put mine outside; I ended up with corroded gauges.

Latest posts

Back