New post a picture of your pint

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG6148-XL.jpg

I think the point is to post pictures 'your' pint, as in beer you brewed...

oops sorry about that...I figured it was of what you were drinking at the moment. Welp to fix that here is an IPA I aged on oak chips I soaked in bourbon:

tumblr_lm1260Iedl1qeawfx

Four weeks bottle conditioning, finally showing the clarity and continuous bubble production as I would expect out of a crystal weizen. Amazing that this was made on an old electric stove!

rhubarb2.jpg

Loodachris - great shots. Love the color contrast of blueish table w/orange beer. And the narrow depth of field makes the beer look really crisp. Making me thirsty. What camera are you using?

Loodachris - great shots. Love the color contrast of blueish table w/orange beer. And the narrow depth of field makes the beer look really crisp. Making me thirsty. What camera are you using?

Thank you! I am using the Canon 7D with my new baby the 35L 1.4 I get funny looks from the family when I take pics of my beers but they just don't understand :)

Thank you! I am using the Canon 7D with my new baby the 35L 1.4 I get funny looks from the family when I take pics of my beers but they just don't understand :)

Wow, sweet lens! And camera too...do it for a living? Or just a hobby?

Ya, that makes my Nikon D3100 and 35mm 1.8 lens look like a child's toy. Talk about low light quality. What kind of ISO range does that thing have?

Ya, that makes my Nikon D3100 and 35mm 1.8 lens look like a child's toy. Talk about low light quality. What kind of ISO range does that thing have?

It's not the equipment, but the photographer that makes a great picture! :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGsmVw4tCWY&feature=relmfu]Pro Photographer, Cheap Camera Challenge (#2 Hermann Lee) - YouTube[/ame]

As an aside, anyone interested in photography will probably find that youtube channel immensely entertaining.:mug:

Now that I got my flash I try and stay under 800 but I have found it very usable even at 6400. Anything over that and I have to start up Photoshop which I don't like doing. I like to stay away from post processing if possible.

Pro Photographer, Cheap Camera Challenge (#2 Hermann Lee) - YouTube

As an aside, anyone interested in photography will probably find that youtube channel immensely entertaining.:mug:

Digital Rev videos are great. It's because of Kai I want to upgrade my camera so I need to stop watching them for a while :)

Oh, I'm aware =) but there are some things that nicer cameras (especially lenses) will do that you can't pull off without: such as low light shots without a flash, and shallow depth of field (wide open apertures)

Oh, I'm aware =) but there are some things that nicer cameras (especially lenses) will do that you can't pull off without: such as low light shots without a flash, and shallow depth of field (wide open apertures)

Oh I know! That's why I have an 85mm f1.4 lens on its way to me right now! I think some beer will get to be my muse tomorrow night!

MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This only way i keep my sanity i have watched that air lock for a week str8 for hours at a time for entertainment! I have 7 weeks to go until bottle and i dont think im gonna make it! I have no paintence Im weak! lol :) Keep the pictures comming and how do yal come up with the names of your beers? Im kinda lost on that ???? and everbodies beers looks GREAT! if mine looks half that good id be thrilled!

acuenca said:
Damn that DIPA looks beautiful... Is it really that red or is that just an artifact?

Thanks!

It's 11.7 SRM & had a blend of 2-row, Crystal 60L, Crystal 120L, and an ounce of Carafa III.

Nothing artificial, it just got really clear after sitting in the fridge for awhile.

Back