New Receipe question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jritchie111

Reaction score
I have a Founders Dirty Bastard Clone Receipe that I was wanting to make. It calls for 9.5lbs of Munton's Light malt Extract. I am planning on ordering my components from Austin Homebrew and they do not offer a light liquid extract. Do I need to go with just the extra pale or try to mix the extra pale with either the amber or munich to darken/sweeten it up a little. I am pretty new to this and this will be my first non-kit brew. I know it won't hurt to experiment, but would like to follow the receipe if I can. Thanks

Yes we do offer a light liquid extract. Here is a link: Austin Homebrew Supply

Extra pale works for pale or light. amber or munic will not sweeten it but it will make it darker. I would just use the extra pale for the best results for this recipe.
Forrest

Thanks Forrest. I have heard good things about you guys and you are showing me that these things were correct. Hope to place an order in a few days.

Back