Sedex sediment caps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this is funny. The obvious key is that it requires you to wait for 28 days while it settles. Imagine doing that in your normal process before kegging.

In a way it's like the method for removing yeast sediment from bottle conditioned champagne.

Over everything else it seems like this is making homebrew more presentable for people to drink out of a bottle as if it's BMC, without them even attempting to understand what bottle conditioning is. It seems like another opportunity for someone not to learn something while just making the BMC crowd slightly happier.

Plus where would you put a bunch of upside down bottles for a month? That seems crazy to me. This isn't for people with wives or girlfriends, that's for sure.

I don't mind that no one distributes this around me. I don't think it's a great product idea, IMO anyway.

It is too bad they did not start with the crown top first (much more difficult) because I think one could just cap it after the yeast fell.

Back