Pride

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shmohel

Reaction score
I must say, I am only 22 and have not yet reached the day where a child of mine has been born. But, the day I open a bottle from a new batch is a day full of pride and opportunity.

The anticipation is wild...

Uncapping the bottle and wiating to hear the little hiss of air rush out from the bottle is the first bit of fulfillment.

Next, I can;t wait to see the head it produces, the color, the aroma knowing that all those variables were effected by my design and my delight.

mmmm.....

(If you can't tell, I just opened a bottle of my newest brew. To date, this has to be my best creation so far!)

andre the giant said:
Cheers Shmohel! Congratulations! And may all your "children" be masculine children.

(A little nod to The Godfather.)
Yea, but if you'll remember right, his only male child turned out to be not all that masculine. :D

And oh yeah, Happy Birthday!

Oops I'm sorry, the toast was for the daughter...her child did turn out to be pretty masculine...just maybe a little too Arkansas for some. ;)

It was Michael's son that was the opera singer (not that there's anything wrong with that) :cool:

Hey Smoehl !

I know just what you mean, I have been down and 'out.'
Was in a bad wreck four years ago, and almost died.
In fact was reported dead by the Lancaster police dept.
No breath, no pulse ... dead.
But now is comeback time.
I was drinking out of my primary a few months ago,
then as I got more money and supplys,
out of the secondary.
And then out of the bottles, and would leave the priming sugar out cause it tastes so sweet and icky, till it primes, and it would not last that long.

Now even though the homebrew hoard is bare as I have been getting my poultry pens built before winter..
{And Mike and I have drank it all up.}
I am going down to the supply in a week, for 33 lbs of syrup some more idophor and ale yeast, and get busy again.

I show Mike the brewery and say, man...
There is gold, and land, money and power,
owning everything and being a rich Trump dude...
All them women and all them fancy places...

But look ...
All these bottles of 'Hammer'...
Shelves and shelves of 9lb...
8lb, and 7.5lb Hammer...

This is it,
this is wealth,
true wealth!
This is true wealth! All these bottles waiting and getting better...

Oh! Yeah! ...
Smoelhel, that was what I wanted to say.
It is the miracle of life ..

Beer and ale is...

I realize you see this too...

Leave it in the bottles a month or two, and it is good.

But leave it in the bottles 3 -4 -5 months...

And you will think you own the world...

and rightly so...

You do!

Later Knife

Thanks Knife. That was a nice post there. It's always so refreshing to hear such joyous words like that. You are right, I do savor my beer.

Glad to know you own the world. I know I think I do.

I just cracked my first homebrew. Wow!

I made a partial-mash Hefe. I bottled it 3 days ago, and decided to try one for the hell of it.

It's a little darker than the style should be, but maybe that clears up with conditioning??

It's already carbonated pretty well. Has a good head and a tiny bit of lacing. But the flavor is amazing. :) I had about 2l of Tucher Wiezen tonite, and I really think mine is better. :D I really can't believe I actually made beer. LOL

BTW, this is a great community. I've learned a LOT by reading and quite a few of you have already given me good advice. Thanks to all.

[drunken voice]I love you guys.[/drunken voice]

Back