Colorado Malting Company-Any Group Buys Planned?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_striker

Reaction score
I read through the other group buy thread.

How did the previous group buys go with CMC?

Is anyone planning on doing another group buy?

There have been three group buys from the Denver area, so far. Each one was roughly six months apart. The latest was just about a month ago. I wouldn't think another group buy would happen before June.

You are of course welcome to contact Colorado Malting Company direct to check out prices. You can start your own group buy for people in the Springs.

I'm in the Denver area, and I'd love to get in on a group buy from CMC. Let me know when/if this goes anywhere.

How much is involved in and group buy? What were some of the previos buys made? Does anyone know?

I'm in SE Aurora by the way. Thanks

I'm down for the next one (should be around 1st of the year if the pattern holds?)

colorado malting company has a huge gluten free list of grains w/4 roasting options. even chocolate roasts for gluten free. they now sell to homebrewers and only have 5 lb minimum. Awesome.

There was a time when the group buy pricing was a great deal. It seemed like the last time around it was cheaper to just order a 50lb bag of Rahr online. At least that's what I've been doing for the past year or two. A 50lb bag of Rahr is around $50 delivered to my door. A lot easier to order straight to my door than trying to coordinate a pick up in Dener. Also it's nice getting it right away.

I'm not sure if CMC's pricing has gotten any better or worse since the last go.

I'm all for supporting local business but I have to be mindful of costs. It didn make sense for me to pay more to utilize a closer supply chain at a higher cost and longer lead time.

There is someone In the Denver area that is selling 10lbs of hops and 600 lbs of grain, was tryin to get more details but all is going for 750, but I'm sure 700 would do the trick.

There is someone In the Denver area that is selling 10lbs of hops and 600 lbs of grain, was tryin to get more details but all is going for 750, but I'm sure 700 would do the trick.

56 Ring will do a 50lb bag of Rahr for about $43. No tax since it's a food item. Can't beat that.

d_striker said:
56 Ring will do a 50lb bag of Rahr for about $43. No tax since it's a food item. Can't beat that.

That's not to bad, I passed in it anyway, was more looking to get the hops out if it, but will have to keep 56 ring in mind from now on

Latest posts

Back