My first keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQBrew01

Reaction score
My first keggle! Completed with Brewhardware.com hardware.

image-3549682107.jpg

I love the shiny but I couldnt do that. Im to messy and I would be mad if I took all that time to do that and it got dirty. It looks great.:rockin:

Congrats man! just bought a keg and plan on it looking just like yours :) cutting the top this weekend... hopefully lol

DrewBrew08 said:
Congrats man! just bought a keg and plan on it looking just like yours :) cutting the top this weekend... hopefully lol

I just picked up a couple kegs that I need to convert to keggles in Chicagoland. Any suggestions who to use and what I should have on them and welded verse not ?

Thanks

Looks great!
One thought.....
The overall temperature of the contents will be more accurately measured by placing the thermometer a bit higher on the keggle.
There can be a significant disparity in temperature between the bottom where the burner is blazing and the upper limits of your contents...unless of course you have a rolling boil.
Cheers!

Look great. I am looking to out fit a 3 keggle system soon and looked at using brewhardware.com How are the components?

Look great. I am looking to out fit a 3 keggle system soon and looked at using brewhardware.com How are the components?

Bobby's components are A+++ and he is very helpful when you have questions about installation.

That's WAY nicer then my ghetto dented up 5 dollar garage sale keggle that I'm using. I still need to put in a ball valve and false bottom. Going to check out the palce u got your stuff now. Thanks for the post!

Thanks for the photo! Looks great!

On Bobby's site he says that you can flip the dip tube and put the shorter end into the compression fitting to move the pickup point further away from center, thus leaving behind more trub if using it for a boil kettle. I'm concerned about having the dip tube close too the center of my boil kettle and don't want to pick up lots of trub.

Side pickups will leave behind trub assuming you whirlpool and wait for it to settle. You will leave up to a gallon behind in the keggle, so adjust your software for losses accordingly.

Side pickups will leave behind trub assuming you whirlpool and wait for it to settle. You will leave up to a gallon behind in the keggle, so adjust your software for losses accordingly.

If using a center pick up with a false bottom on your boil kettle, will this be sufficient in blocking hops and trub? Just curious.

I left the dip tube as is...not that bothered by trub in my fermentors. Most of my hop material is controlled by the hop spider. My finished beers are very clear and tasty!

Back