Oh beautiful keg, how many months wasted?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torchiest

Reaction score
I just tapped the first pint off my second kegged batch, and I cannot believe how awesome it is. The taste seems cleaner, and I think I'm figuring out that there's always a touch of oxidation or something in my bottled beers. I now understand why people say once you go to kegs, you never go back to bottles.

I still plan on bottling so I can share my beer, but man, for my house, kegs are the way to go. SWMBO is already talking about getting me another keg for Christmas, since her favorite beer is different from mine, and she likes the keg too! Life is good! :mug:

Yup, I love coming home from work and stopping in the garage to tap on on the way into the house! Much more satisfying than getting a bottle.

I would have dropped the hobby years ago if I had to bottle. I like being able to pour a sampler tray of my beers or run the taps while brewing. I still bottle meads, but rarely anything else.

I'm not a hophead, but being able to freshen an IPA is great.

When I bottled I would only make 1-2 batches per year because the bottling process was such a pain.

Since I've started kegging I've been brewing every 3-4 weeks or so - often enough that I may not need to buy any beer this whole fall. And trying to make different styles. Much more fun.

+1 for me, up until I started kegging I only made a couple of batches a year, seems to me I had a lot of oxidation when bottling. Now I'm making at least a batch a month or more depending on what my supply and storage capabilities are. I have 7 kegs right now and I can tell you that I'll be getting more, they are great to age in and you never want to have a tap down believe me.

Back