Michigan-bound, 9/17-23...wanna get druck?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
firebreweretal.jpg

Mustanji, Mrs. Firebrewer, Revvy, Firebrewer.

Yeah it was awesome despite the fact that neither Mustangji nor I were actually very conscious before arriving. He worked all night, and I was at a pirate party that didn't wind down til the sun came up.

The hours flew by....literally. when Mustangj left 3 hours had flown by already, and then the rest of us stayed another hour or so...

Useless fact...Firebrewer looks like a young Tom Hanks.

Yeah it was awesome despite the fact that neither Mustangji nor I were actually very conscious before arriving. He worked all night, and I was at a pirate party that didn't wind down til the sun came up.

I'm glad you guys could make it, especially considering that! We had a great time. SWMBO said I should thank you guys for your patience, as she noticed I was starting to slurr my words...:drunk: :D The tap list was quite a nice lineup.

Useless fact...Firebrewer looks like a young Tom Hanks.

It's gotta be the nose. :D

Sorry I had to miss out...we'll have to have a make up day.

Definitely. We'll be back in town around Christmas so we'll be lookin' to head to Dragonmead again. :rockin:That place ROCKS!!

My beer snobs group will be back to the meade on Oct 4 to see Alan Cayn playing there...

In fact if you local guys and ladies are interested in joining my club all are welcome, it's through meetups.com. It's a craft beer aficionados club, and at least half of us are already homebrewers and the rest just like great beer...It a fun group of nice people...

Here's our main link... The Metro Detroit Craft Beer Meetup (Utica, MI) - Meetup.com

Some pics of my week in Michigan:

Wienermobile on the PA Turnpike
0917081112a.jpg

Fall/Oktoberfest beers at Anderson's (my fav beer store)
0918081257a.jpg

Heaven!
0918081300a.jpg

Taking my youngest for a ride on my father-in-law's bulldozer
IMG_0657.jpg

Allosaurus at U of MI museum (my boys loved it!)
IMG_0666.jpg

And it was right down the street from Arbor Brewing (Milestone Porter on CASK!)
0919081202a.jpg

Sent this (and about 5 other U of MI shots) to my friend's cell...he's a WVU fan, still pissed at Rodriguez
0919081327a.jpg

CEDAR POINT!
0919081819a.jpg

Final Absolution at Dragonmead
0920081304a.jpg

Little largemouth at my brother-in-law's pond
0922081414a.jpg

Grabbed a few singles for home
IMG_0703.jpg

Don't leave MI without it
IMG_0704.jpg

Where did you say this was?

Anderson's, just over the line in Ohio.

It says "Toledo" on the page for the one on Talmadge that's closer (although the other one is only like 5 miles further). That one has lots of 12oz singles, whereas the one that's listed as "Maumee" on Illinois Ave has a lot of 22oz bombers. They both have Tony Packos stores in them too, good hot dogs and chili-mac. :rockin:

Definitely my favorite store, I'd wish we had one around here but stupid PA beer laws would trump any possibility of a selection and render the store useless. :rolleyes:

Looks like they even have Saturday Beer Tastings!

Back