What's in your fermenter(s)?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rhubarb sour that I sour worted. Infected with lacto starter made from grain husk and aging on rhubarb.

IPA with blood orange fruit and zest, fresh grated ginger root, fresh ground pepper, and aged on spanish cedar.

Got a French Canadian Breakfast Stout at high krausen. Oatmeal stout w/ french roast coffee and maple syrup, going to be a long hard wait for this one.

Unsour Berliner Weisse that i added some extra DME and gueuze dregs to a couple months ago. Pellicle has reformed but haven't tasted since.

An APA and a heavily peated Scotch Ale that I'll secondary with Laphroaig-soaked oak in 3-4 weeks

Ruination clone

image-3977145956.jpg

Cold crashing my celebration ale clone in primary and then racking to keg on Friday. I'm debating if I want to use gelatin to clear the beer, as I've been reading that it has the potential to strip the dry hop aroma to beers

I bottled my first batch last night (amber ale).

Bucket #2: 5G Mild ale
Bucket #3: 5G Milk stout
Carboy #1: 4G UpstateMike's Caramel Apple Cider

I'm going to try my hand at AG today. Bucket #1 will be filled with AHS' Moose Drool clone.

A bunch of water I stockpiled since the storm was coming. I wonder how long it'll sit.

That was me on Monday, thankfully Portland didn't get hit by much more than a belt of very strong winds. But we would have been able to flush our toilet at least! The little things ;)

More to the point, I have 5 gallons of a Belgian Abbey Enkel ( Blonde Ale) in secondary, juuuuust about ready to bottle. maybe later today if i can get more bottles and bottlecaps, or Thursday if not.

6 gal imperial honey Porter

6 gal double IPA

6 gal wit beir

Thinking about doing an oaked rye porter tonight.

5 Gallons Lambic Style Ale
5 Gallons Blackberry Saison Brux
5 Gallons Session Oud Bruin
1 Gallon Funky Robust Porter
3 Gallons Brett L&B Belgian White

Barleywine from february, pumpkin ale (almost ready), apa being dry hopped, just put in iipa/rye pale ale partigyle yesterday!

5gal of a 1.094 Old Ale to age on French oak--just pitched a huge, frothing, multi-stepped yeast starter. In about 2 hours I'll pitch 001 into 6gal of APA. These two are the products of my first ever Partigyle :). Thanks to the posts on here that helped me figure it all out!

Also long-term (18-24 months?) aging a Farmhouse Tart Cherry Braggot, cold crashing my Imperial Red, and carbing my first apfelwine.

You guys are killing me! I wish I had the time & bank account to make multiple 5-, 6-, and 11-gallon:mug: batches concurrently! Glad I started this thread -- lots of good inspiration here!!

#1: Traditional Mead (5gallons, the previous 10gallon batch is disappearing much faster than I expected!)

#2: Cerveza Rosa (my recipe: light saaz ale with rosa jamica added for color and flavor)

My dry mead is sitting happily in its smaller secondary carboy, with its little brother, a half-gallon bottle with an airlock.

The other carboy has 5.5 gallons of a PM version of Revvy's Vienna Lager wort sitting in it, chilling down to 45 degrees and waiting for the starter to finish crashing so I can decant and pitch. I'm not very happy with the 18-24 hour wait between the end of the boil and pitching, but I don't have much choice at this point.

It wasn't even down to pitching temperature by this morning, anyway, so even had I had time to pitch, I would have wanted to wait a bit longer anyway. Hopefully my sanitation was good. It's cold enough that between the careful sanitizing and it's being almost refrigerated anyway, I think I should be ok.

6 gallons Chimay Blue

6 Gallons IPA

5 Gallons Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

5 Gallons Belgian Wit

18 Gallons Apple Wine

5 Gallons Blueberry Wine

5 Gallons Skeeter Blood Wine

I bottled the Saison Noel and Belgain Stout.

I've brewed 2 more batches of Saison with Nelson/Citra & ECY-03 since, one with rye and the other wheat.

Abbey Brown ale with pils, cararuby, aromatic, special B, homemade syrup, and wlp530 is bubbling away nicely at 66-68 as I type.

Back