Grains

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joutlaw

Reaction score
Well I finally got my morebeer.com order after placing it 2 weeks ago today.

I ordered 1lb of grains and noticed that they aren't milled. After looking at their website I noticed its not an option. Man I'm spoiled by Austin Homebrew I guess, b/c it is an option with them.

So what can I do. The recipes I have call for either 4-8 oz's needed, but I have no way of milling them.

BTW the grains are Crystal 15L and Carastan if it makes a difference.

joutlaw said:
Well I finally got my morebeer.com order after placing it 2 weeks ago today.
I ordered 1lb of grains and noticed that they aren't milled. After looking at their website I noticed its not an option. Man I'm spoiled by Austin Homebrew I guess, b/c it is an option with them.
So what can I do. The recipes I have call for either 4-8 oz's needed, but I have no way of milling them.
BTW the grains are Crystal 15L and Carastan if it makes a difference.
Put them in a gallon ziplock and crush them with a rolling pin.

Check with your wife before using her rolling pin, it could damage it. Before I got a mill I used a steel thermos bottle.

Has anyone used torrified wheat? That stuff is harder to crack than gravel. I ended up putting it in a bag and pounding it with a mallet. Order it crushed, unless you have a mill.

Back