supplies

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcross13

Reaction score
No luxury of a brew store near me. Anyone with a good brewers supply shop online? Currently using williams brewing but noticed they are pricy on some items, but shipping costs are good. Looking to lower my costs.

I like Farmhouse Brewing Supply for hops because the 4 oz increments are a good size and a reasonable price. I also use Austin Homebrew and Northern Brewer. I used to shop MoreBeer when I was buying more equipment, but haven't used them in awhile.

Shop around. I buy different items from different places based on price or shipping etc. I like Northern Brewers extract kits. Bell's Brewery had the best price on bottles (I couldn't drink enough for all my brews). And Brew Hardware had the best price on a refractometer. I will continue to comparison shop. I get a lot of leads to online sites on this forum.

Anyone know of a good source for yeasts in Southern New England? Shipping takes too long, at least in the summer, from Northern Brewer and others in the midwest.

Shop around. I buy different items from different places based on price or shipping etc. I like Northern Brewers extract kits. Bell's Brewery had the best price on bottles (I couldn't drink enough for all my brews). And Brew Hardware had the best price on a refractometer. I will continue to comparison shop. I get a lot of leads to online sites on this forum.

Ain't that the truth. I can get 2 cases of bottles shipped to me from Bell's for cheaper(by about a buck) than I would at either of my two LHBS's

Anyone know of a good source for yeasts in Southern New England? Shipping takes too long, at least in the summer, from Northern Brewer and others in the midwest.

Might be a drive for you but there is a small shop in Providence and a really nice shop in Woonsocket.

Thanks I have seen their listings. I have to get up there soon to check them out.

Sorry about the tread hijack...:eek:

Definitely check out Blackstone Valley Brewing Supply. I haven't been to the smaller one in Providence but I have heard mixed reviews. BVBS is a legit place. The owner is a really cool guy. Tons of fresh ingredients. Just call before you go or check their FB page because they have weird hours and sometimes they close out of the blue.

For the OP, I would just check out https://www.homebrewtalk.com/vendors/ This basically lists all the sites we use. I am a HUGE fan of AHS for some reason. They have a ton of great kits, a good amount of equipment, good kegging stuff and I just really like the design of the site. Very easy to use.

Brewmasters Warehouse would be the logical online choice for your area. They are in the Atlanta area and have AWESOME customer service and are competitive on pretty much everything. Ed takes care of us here at HBT frequently, just ran an 11% off sale yesterday. Fast shipping too.

Brewmasters Warehouse would be the logical online choice for your area. They are in the Atlanta area and have AWESOME customer service and are competitive on pretty much everything. Ed takes care of us here at HBT frequently, just ran an 11% off sale yesterday. Fast shipping too.

I second this. :)

OP if your actual location is Key West then we would probably be one of the closer shops that ships to you. We have very good prices on items, great shipping costs, and even better customer service.

Feel free to check out all of the vendors that support HBT though.

Vendor List

Vendor Showcase

Thanks,

Ed

I just got my first order from Brewmasters. I ordered about 5 o'clock tuesday afternoon. FedEx picked up wednesday afternoon. It was waiting at my doorstep thursday.

I found someones recipe on the brew builder that had the grains I wanted. I changed the grain quanities and the hops to what I wanted. When the recipe builder said to name my recipe I just typed in BEER.

My big bag of grains has a label on it.... "BEER"

The next time I am on the NW side of town I will stop in.

I second this. :)

OP if your actual location is Key West then we would probably be one of the closer shops that ships to you. We have very good prices on items, great shipping costs, and even better customer service.

Feel free to check out all of the vendors that support HBT though.

Vendor List

Vendor Showcase

Thanks,

Ed

Hey ed do you mill the grains? I haven't a grain mill yet and am looking to start some all grain batches soon.

At the end of the order process, it asks you

crush grains ? Y N

nice crush, too

I just got my first order from Brewmasters. I ordered about 5 o'clock tuesday afternoon. FedEx picked up wednesday afternoon. It was waiting at my doorstep thursday.

I found someones recipe on the brew builder that had the grains I wanted. I changed the grain quanities and the hops to what I wanted. When the recipe builder said to name my recipe I just typed in BEER.

My big bag of grains has a label on it.... "BEER"

The next time I am on the NW side of town I will stop in.

Awesome man stop by and we can have a beer.

Thanks,

Ed

Another example of the awesome customer service:

9:15 on a Saturday morning Fed Ex knocks on my door with my Brewmasters Warehouse order.

There was another "surprise" in my order, but I'm keeping that one to myself!

You RULE ED!!!

:mug:

Might be a drive for you but there is a small shop in Providence and a really nice shop in Woonsocket.

yah i live right up the road from the store in woonsocket, its a ok store when u walk in and if the guys are bull****ting( when no customers are in the store besides you) you can wait for like 10 or so mins before they will even ask u if u need help.... But the last time i picked up yeast i paid like 6.50 for it for a white labs liquid yeast.

oh and the store is only open wensday threw friday 3-7pm and saturday 10-5 ... but half the time there when they should be open there closed for some bull**** reason..i dont know how the stay in business.

Chiming in on the greatness that is Brewmaster's. I was getting my stuff from Northern Brewer, but after seeing Ed's posts around here I started checking it out. NB is still great for ordering super fresh extract in bulk, but for a small timer like myself BMW is hands down the tops. If you factor in the cost of gas to drive to my LHBS, ordering from Ed is actually way cheaper.

Also, +1 on the great customer service. I had a smack pack of Pacman burst in transit, and BMW got me a new one basically the next day, and were really cool about the whole thing.

You're awesome, Ed!

Back