Multi Step Mash Schedule

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

derek084

Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out how to do a multi-step mashout (initial water temp and different quantities to add)

I created an excel spreadsheet to do the calculations for me. Can anyone tell me if I am doing this correctly? please see the attached file for a printout from the spreadsheet I created. I am mainly interested to see if the 120.4 in the Tw(oF) column and the Wa(Qts) column numbers are correct.

Thanks in advance for any help.

DK.jpg

I used promash demo for the one step mash I did. Your numbers (without doing any math myself) seem like the right amounts. You do need to dough in really thick so you don't thin the mash with all the steps.

my question back at you is...what's the grain bill...what are you brewing? because with most of today's highly modified malts you don't gain anything from the glucan and protein rests. Any many styles don't need separate alpha and beta rests.

Just making sure you aren't doing something un-necessary, unless your goal is to do it.

Back