HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WesleyS

Reaction score
Welcome to the 2013 HBT Fantasy Football League. A big thanks to NIZZLE for setting this up.

Details: This is the thread for discussion of the 2013 Fantasy Football League.
Here's the link and info for the league on nfl.com. http://homebrewtalk.league.fantasy.nfl.com
League ID: 1532226
League Password: yeast

There will be a maximum of 20 spots in this league. First come, first served.

Rules/prize info:
This is only open to members in the Continental US only.
Ok, this is a friendly game and everyone should have fun while participating. But keep in mind, there can only be one #1 at the end of the season. Good luck to everyone.
By participating in this league you agree that, should you place any spot other than #1, you will send a congratulatory prize to the winner. We will stick with what was agreed on when this league was being set up.
Each member will send the winner one bomber of commercial beer. If for some reason there are no good bomber choices where you live, then you can send atleast 22 oz of commercial beer. And come on guys, lets keep it craft please. I don't think the winner wants to end up with nineteen 24 oz cans of corona. ;)
Anything beyond 22 oz, such as homebrew, is up to the individual sender/loser.
But at the bare minimum each participant's package should include 22oz of beer. Please follow through with sending your prize to the winner. This is a great community, so lets keep that reputation up.
If you do not send your prize, we will hunt you down, find you, raid your beer stash and beat you mercilessly. (Well, maybe not. ;))
At the end of the season, the winner is responsible for getting his shipping info to each participant.
And, sorry, no prizes will be awarded to any places but first. The prize for second place is the satisfaction that you did 2nd best. :D
Even though this is for fun, please only join if you are serious about keeping up with your team and not becoming inactive midway through.
The live draft is set for 7/28/13 at 7:00 PM CDT. Please plan on being online for this event.

Other than that, lets have fun guys. This thread will be used to keep up with everything from week to week when the season begins and general trash talking. And until the draft and the beginning of the season feel free to discuss everything.

Team list so far:

billy goat - nizzle
cornelius kings - fermentnething
kansas cultures - finsfan
montucky - lolomt7
silly nannies - wesleys
hop cones - mcbaumannerb
mad fermenationish - disturbdchemist
big green machine - bgbc
hopfen bieropoulos - andrikos
zipper fairies - tngabe
they call me beercules - channel66
whirlfloc yourself - fuzzymittenbrewing
yeastie boys - allenh
heady hitters - eanderson
drunk monkies - baseballsmitty
vick in the box - xmalachi
ridire - ridire
falls city fumblers - wetfoot
hop town - ntbritton

mcbaumannerb said:
Just so I understand your prior post - this ketchup is better than your homebrew? ;)

Better than most of my homebrew! ;)
I mentioned it to Ostomo517 because its a Texas thing and he misses Whataburger and their awesome ketchup.

Ok I will be adding more spots soon and the rules and grand prize thanks for all the support :)

NIZZLE said:
Ok I will be adding more spots soon and the rules and grand prize thanks for all the support :)

When you post the rules and prize info I'll add it to the OP.

I have never participated in a fantasy football league, but the people in my office are crazy about it. Looks like the winner will be getting some Zhukov from me and an amazing homebrew, haha

Channel66 said:
Can't wait to receive all those packages of beer when I win. It'll be like Christmas.

You know the old saying:
Don't count your bombers before they've hatched, or is it don't count your chickens before they're brewed...............

we have 6 more spots now lets fill them up

In as of this morning too (Big Green Machine, for now).

So it's at 20 teams now? Should that be the cap? Don't want to water it down too much.

Any prize for 2nd/3rd? Or winner take all?

2nd gets beer from 3 league members? 3rd doesn't have to ship anything?

Tossing out ideas...

how about 1st place gets 12 bombers & home brews and 2nd gets 6 of each? We can figure out who would get from whom (as in 3rd through 14th place send to winner and 15th through 20th send to runner up) or just randomly draw.

i like second place receiving something, that means a 10% chance of receiving beer for everyone and i like those odds

In as of this morning too (Big Green Machine, for now).

So it's at 20 teams now? Should that be the cap? Don't want to water it down too much.

Any prize for 2nd/3rd? Or winner take all?

2nd gets beer from 3 league members? 3rd doesn't have to ship anything?

Tossing out ideas...

yes sir 20 is the cap if it don't fill no big deal but we need at least one more person

maybe have everyone send a bomber and HB to the winner and everyone(including winner) sends just a HB to second place

Haven't used nfl.com fantasy league before, but is there any way to set up a league survey to put this to a vote?

Haven't used nfl.com fantasy league before, but is there any way to set up a league survey to put this to a vote?

I think so but not sure I'll check when out of work working on some things right now also

Ok guys. The OP has been updated to include all rules/prize info. Please read it through.

sounds good to me, solves the issue of voting for prizes. now i just gotta make sure i will win, wait im signed up so i will!

Hey guys,
I'm Hopfen Bieropoulos.
See you in the trenches.
My D line will be chewing 20% alpha acid hops and spitting them on your running back's face. I hope he's wearing a visor! :D

EDIT: LAST!!!

Hey guys,
I'm Hopfen Bieropoulos.
See you in the trenches.
My D line will be chewing 20% alpha acid hops and spitting them on your running back's face. I hope he's wearing a visor! :D

Welcome thanks for joining us

Looks like we've reached our quota on Matts. If you are named Matt you will henceforth be referred to as number 4.

Andrikos said:
Hey guys,
I'm Hopfen Bieropoulos.
See you in the trenches.

There's the energy we need!!!
That will make it just that much sweeter when I'm opening a beer package sent from you. :p

If it would be easier i could send you guys my shipping info now if you would like bwahahahahaha :-D

Latest posts

Back