Highland Brewing Supply - 10 Gallon Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just be aware that if you're gonna do 10gal batches go bigger then a 10gal kettle. Other then that...it looks fine to me.

We are buying a house and it only has a car port right now with a shed in the back to store my supplies. We plan on building a garage, but that will probably be at least 2-3yrs from now. And of course the house only has a 4' crawl space instead of a full basement, so I won't have anywhere to put a spare fridge as a ferm chamber to fit 10 gallon batches.
Right now I have a 60qt Igloo cooler that I converted into a ferm chamber and it can only ferment 5 gallon batches at a time.

My plan is to get this kettle with a Blichmann floor burner and use a 2 cooler set up for mashing & sparging.
And then once we finally have a garage I want to get the Blichmann top tier and I would then get a 20gallon kettle to do 10 gallon batches and I would turn this 10 gallon kettle into my HLT.

So I figure instead of spending over $300 on a 10 gallon Blichmann kettle when I'm ultimately going to get a 20 gallon Blichmann in a few years, this one would work great for now and can easily be used as a HLT later down the road.

Then you should be good to go!

I actually have 2 - 10gal aluminum pots with lids I bought from a restaurant supply store. They don't have valves or sight glasses. But you could put those in cheap. I'll sell them for exactly what I Have in them. (I even have the receipt) I bought them to brew with and well...the SWMBO surprised me with 20gal Blichmanns.

Back