My In-line Oxygenator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bufitfn

Reaction score
I've been wanting to add an inline way to add oxy to my brews and I think, after reading many here I found an easy, and good looking addition.
Mcmaster carr parts and an old dip tube. This works nice.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

So where is it going to go? After your chiller or something? Are you going to just turn it on full blast when transferring?

Awesome job..

Great idea! So how are you going to clean it and sanitize it? Do you have to take off the compression fitting after every brew? Pull it out.

Coud you go with a tee on one the end where the elbow is? Plug the end that is inline with the stone and then all you would have to do is loosen the compression nut and slid the stone out through the tee.

As long as your O2 pressure is lower than your pump output pressure, it'll work just fine. You may see some serious foaming going into the fermenter.

MC

Foaming is my only concern, I have not tried it yet with wort, only water and it worked great, so we'll see.
as far as cleaning, i usually run PBW through my pumps and CFC after brewing so i figure that should co the cleaning. And to sanitize I run the boiling wort through the CFC for a few minutes, The clear PVC is not rated for boiling, but I think it should handle 2 or 3 minutes of heat each brew cycle. it's easy to unscrew the reducer thats in the Tee to clean the stone if need be. I'll let you know this weekend for the inaugural brew.:ban:

Great idea! So how are you going to clean it and sanitize it? Do you have to take off the compression fitting after every brew? Pull it out.

Coud you go with a tee on one the end where the elbow is? Plug the end that is inline with the stone and then all you would have to do is loosen the compression nut and slid the stone out through the tee.

Like your idea, Huaco, but the compression nut (furrel)clamps onto the tube so it wont slide, the tube pretty much can't come off the compression fitting once tightened.

Where did you get the stone with the SS wand on it?

Standard stone with barb end from, morebeer, just tapped it into an old dip tube and silver soldered it. Probably don't even neet to solder, it was tight.

The foaming subsides if it does happen. I've had nearly this same setup as you and it works fine.

Back