8 days and still bubbling?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

God Emporer BillyBrew

Reaction score
I've had my clone of Anchor's Our special Ale in the primary for 8 days now and it is still bubbling every 10-20 seconds. Would it hurt to go ahead and rack to secondary? I'd like to get it done while it's still the weekend.

billybrew said:
I've had my clone of Anchor's Our special Ale in the primary for 8 days now and it is still bubbling every 10-20 seconds. Would it hurt to go ahead and rack to secondary? I'd like to get it done while it's still the weekend.

If you're down to a 20 second bubble, go ahead and rack. It won't hurt, provided you keep everything clean. It will do a great job of getting spent yeast and trub out of your beer.

I had the same problem with my most recent beer. I would suggest waiting, it will progressivly slow down in the next few days. When you rack to the secondary the fermentation will almost stop becuase your leaving a lot of the yeast behind. You dont want to force the process to stop before its done. I waited 12 days and mine slowed a lot.

1) Has the krauzen fallen? If no, then leave it.

2) Take an SG reading now and in another day, to see if the fermentation is near complete.

Back