Good Package Stores outside of Boston?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe C

Reaction score
I'm looking for two specific locations: Around Acton/Concord heading BACK towards boston (off of rt 2 is fine), and then somewhere around Dedham/Norwood aread. I haven't found a good one yet, and would love some input.

Holy crap! I drove past colonial spirits twice last week - subway is about 1/4 mile past and I went there for lunch. I now know where I'll be going after I get out of work :) schweeeet

Yeah - Colonial is pretty good for beer (but definitely wouldn't know it from the outside). Was in there a few times when I was working out that way - decent selection and the staff I talked to seemed to was pretty knowledgeable. And, if you ever make it into Davis Sq (Cambridge/Somerville) check out Downtown Wine & Spirits (not too far off route 2).

Good to hear. I work right on Rt 2 in Acton so I'm just glad to hear that there's a place to go :)

The best beer comes out of Athol.

Sorry. I heard Route 2 and couldn't stop myself

Joe -

For Norwood/Dedham, The Wine Express is on Route 1 South just past University Avenue

Further down the road, a few miles, is Palumbo's in Walpole also on Route 1 next to a Big Y Supermarket

Just past University ave heading towards norwood? Don't you mean the wine press? I went there recently and it was absolutely horrid.

I haven't been to Walpole wine & spirits for a while, but I do remember them having a small homebrew section which is neat.

I went to Colonial Wine & spirits this past week. Very kick ass selection, and if you buy 12-23 bombers you get 15% off. 25+ bombers and you get 20% off. Pretty decent if you ask me.

Just past University ave heading towards norwood? Don't you mean the wine press? I went there recently and it was absolutely horrid.

Could very well be horrid - I haven't been in there for quite some time.

I haven't been to Walpole wine & spirits for a while, but I do remember them having a small homebrew section which is neat.

Can't speak to their beer prices/selections; from what I've seen and heard the homebrew goods are over priced.

I live right down the road from Colonial. Basically live there and only buy my beer from them. All of the managers are great. They will order whatever you want if they dont have it. They carry beer from all over the world. It is one of the only places that imports kolsch from Cologne.

Back