GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure if these have been posted because I didn't read the thread, but I watched Prince of Darkness, Get the Gringo, Goon, Bronson, and Trollhunter on Christmas Eve night.

I didn't care for Bronson. Movie about the UK's most famous and violent inmate. Violent for sure and Tom Hardy is an amazing actor, but I just didn't care for it.

Get the Gringo was okay. It's about Mel Gibson being a robber and landing in a mexican prison. Uses trickery to gain money, establish a partnership of sorts with a kid, and tries to get out. Surprisingly good action and story, but nothing too special.

Prince of Darkness was creepy (Alice Cooper :rockin: ). About scientists trying to figure out a liquid form of Satan. Liquid escapes, hell breaks loose (kind of pun intended). Made in 1987 so kind of campy in some parts but overall it was pretty cool.

Trollhunter was freaking great. It's set up like a "found footage" thing from some students trying to uncover the truth behind a bear poacher.. turns out to be something was more freakin awesome. It is Norweigan (sp) so if you don't like foreign movies don't bother, but I thought it was an awesome movie. Only downside is it's slow in some parts.

Goon was great, too. Movie about a guy who has the "fist of God" and can eff people up. Hockey team uses him to take out other players. Seriously nice guy trying to do something with his life. Really a sweet movie. Sean William Scott played it well and it had plenty of fighting.

...it was a slow night at work...

Not sure if these have been posted because I didn't read the thread, but I watched Prince of Darkness, Get the Gringo, Goon, Bronson, and Trollhunter on Christmas Eve night.

I didn't care for Bronson. Movie about the UK's most famous and violent inmate. Violent for sure and Tom Hardy is an amazing actor, but I just didn't care for it.

Get the Gringo was okay. It's about Mel Gibson being a robber and landing in a mexican prison. Uses trickery to gain money, establish a partnership of sorts with a kid, and tries to get out. Surprisingly good action and story, but nothing too special.

Prince of Darkness was creepy (Alice Cooper :rockin: ). About scientists trying to figure out a liquid form of Satan. Liquid escapes, hell breaks loose (kind of pun intended). Made in 1987 so kind of campy in some parts but overall it was pretty cool.

Trollhunter was freaking great. It's set up like a "found footage" thing from some students trying to uncover the truth behind a bear poacher.. turns out to be something was more freakin awesome. It is Norweigan (sp) so if you don't like foreign movies don't bother, but I thought it was an awesome movie. Only downside is it's slow in some parts.

Goon was great, too. Movie about a guy who has the "fist of God" and can eff people up. Hockey team uses him to take out other players. Seriously nice guy trying to do something with his life. Really a sweet movie. Sean William Scott played it well and it had plenty of fighting.

...it was a slow night at work...

Agree with all. The stomach light scene in Goon is epic!

Didn't make it too far into Prince of Darkness, will give it another go. The THING, it's brother film is one of my favorites ever.

I watched Prince of Darkness around Halloween. It is pretty awful. The Thing is fantastic, but the others in that "apocalypse trilogy" just aren't worth watching IMO.

John Carpenter has some really great films under his belt. Some of my favorites. But, he's also got some of the worst ones I've ever seen.

I've been watching a ton of Doctor Who lately. The newer, bigger budgeted series that started in 2005 are really fun to watch. It has the camp of the classic series, but much improved special effects and some excellent writing. (And some damn fine looking companions as well...)

cheezydemon3 said:
Battlestar Galactica S3 E9

Wow.

shed tears.;)

Cat gets named CAG as she lies dying? DAMN.

Just finished season three. Disappointed that they went backwards yet again to start season four. I'm confident it's for good reason though

A Little bit Zombie

"****! I was aiming for his leg!!"

Damned near sig worthy.

I wanted to turn it off a few times, but it was SO EFFING CLEVER. Kept me laughing hard.

What I love about Netflix is the obscene amount of documentaries on there. I watch political documentaries (Food Inc. etc.) History (Ken Burns stuff etc.), artsy (exit through the gift shop etc.) and many more that just catch my attention.

I also love watching TV shows, very happy Sunny is on there. I'm currently in the middle of Rocky and Bullwinkle trying to watch every episode. But it has most of the shows I love, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Sunny, Scrubs, Arrested Development, the Office, pretty much all of them. Only show I wish they had that they don't is Community.

I just finished "Rescue Me" 7 seasons worth watching if you haven't yet. I just started "breakout kings" its pretty cool so far.

On your suggestion I just did Trollhunter!

With just 1 star I was sceptical.

:) I have to tell you.......................... about 1/4 of the way through I was rolling! & it just kept getting better & better!

Now on to some tits! ;)

I watched a couple recently on Netflix that were surprisingly decent for being straight-to-video fare.

First one was Satan's Little Helper. It is listed under Horror, but it's not, really. More of a horror satire, I'd say. Surprisingly funny, and the best acting in the film is from a guy with no lines whatsoever. It sort of goes off the rails towards the end, but I enjoyed it. Also, the "sister' in the film is super hot, which is how I selected my next film: Choose. This is your typical psychological suspense thriller with some decent stuff going on...again, it sort of unravels as the end approaches, but I found it interesting material to watch while I surfed the internet.

On your suggestion I just did Trollhunter!

With just 1 star I was sceptical.

:) I have to tell you.......................... about 1/4 of the way through I was rolling! & it just kept getting better & better!

Now on to some tits! ;)

Trollhunter was great!lol.

rate everything you watch. I usually do 1 or 5. Very few in between, and the ratings work well for me.

Iron Sky was fantastic. Hilariously witty.

Nazis from the dark side of the moon, the hottest transformation from "meh" woman to blazing hottie I have ever witnessed, American decadent cockiness in all it's glory, Nazis getting dead, all leading to some of the most hilarious scenes ever, what more do you need????

Iron Sky was fantastic. Hilariously witty.

Nazis from the dark side of the moon, the hottest transformation from "meh" woman to blazing hottie I have ever witnessed, American decadent cockiness in all it's glory, Nazis getting dead, all leading to some of the most hilarious scenes ever, what more do you need????

I came here to pimp that. Great movie.

Ren and Stimpy is ingenius.

Satan's Little Helper sucked. Yes sister is hot, but not hot enough to carry that movie. Clever, but not that clever IMHO.

Wanna see hot? check out Iron Sky (no nudity or anything like that, just school marm type no make-up OK girly becomes so freaking hot it hurt my eyes)

I've been on a martial arts movie kick this month:

Ip Man (wow!)
Jet Li's Fearless
The One

There a great martial arts documentary I cant remember the name of right now...

cheezydemon3 said:
Wanna see hot? check out Iron Sky (no nudity or anything like that, just school marm type no make-up OK girly becomes so freaking hot it hurt my eyes)
"becomes" so hot, like she gets hotter as the movie progresses? Sounds like alcohol was involved my friend ;)

Back